What Conditions does Calcitriol Treat?
- low levels of parathyroid hormone
- low amount of phosphate in the blood
- decreased blood calcium due to chronic dialysis
- low amount of calcium in the blood
- generalized changes in bone associated with renal failure
- hyperparathyroidism caused by chronic kidney failure
- rickets that is dependent on vitamin D levels in the body
- low vitamin D levels
- prevention of vitamin D deficiency
- bone changes due to x-linked hypophosphatemia
- spasm of muscles in newborn due to lack of calcium
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.