What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Xylocaine Viscous Solution to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: INSUFFICIENT HUMAN DATA AVAILABLE.
If you are NURSING
- No Known Risk: AMOUNT EXCRETED REPORTED TO BE LOW WITH LOW INFANT ORAL BIOAVAILABILITY
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: General-May be more sensitive to CNS and cardiac adverse reactions. Consider dose reduction due to reduced clearance in the elderly.
Giving Xylocaine Viscous Solution to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Risk of seizure, cardiopulmonary arrest and death. Not to be used for teething pain. Monitor for CNS toxicity (e.g. restlessness, dizziness, drowsiness, blurred vision) with prolonged or repeated application. Use only when safer alternatives have failed.
- Severe Precaution: Risk of seizure, cardiopulmonary arrest and death. Monitor for CNS toxicity (e.g. restlessness, dizziness, drowsiness, blurred vision) with prolonged or repeated application. Limit use for when safer alternatives have failed.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.