What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Tetra Formula Lozenge to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Only When Necessary:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: REPORTS OF INFANT METHEMOGLOBINEMIA AFTER INGESTION OF TOPICAL BENZOCAINE
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAILABLE; MOLECULAR WT LOW ENOUGH FOR POSSIBLE EXCRETION
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: General-May be more sensitive to CNS and cardiac adverse reactions. Consider dose reduction due to reduced clearance in the elderly.
Giving Tetra Formula Lozenge to a child under 12
- Contraindication: Do not use in pediatrics <6 years of age unless clinician consultation.
- Severe Precaution: Increased risk for developing methemoglobinemia. Consult clinician prior to use.
- Contraindication: Increased risk for developing methemoglobinemia. Avoid use in infant or child age < 2 years.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.