What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Rosuvastatin CALCIUM to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Contraindicated or Not Recommended: INSUFF DATA AVAILABLE; POTENTIAL FETAL/NEONATAL RISK OUTWEIGHS MATERNAL BENEFIT
If you are NURSING
- Absolute Contraindication: LIMITED DATA SUG EXCRETION; POTENTIAL FOR SERIOUS ADV EFFECTS
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Musculoskeletal-Higher incidence of myopathy or rhabdomyolysis with age > 65 years and increased risk with severe renal disease. Hepatic-Monitor LFTs as liver dysfunction may increase drug exposure.
Giving Rosuvastatin CALCIUM to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Manufacturer recommends adolescent females be counseled on appropriate contraception. Monitor for myopathy and liver function.
- management or monitoring precaution: No safety and efficacy age < 7 years.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.