What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Salicylic Acid-Soap-Sulfur Cream to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Only When Necessary: FDA RISK CATEGORY C IN COMBINATION PRODUCTS
- FDB Only When Necessary: LIMITED DATA SUGGEST MINIMAL ABSORPTION AFTER TOPICAL EXPOSURE
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: INSUFF DATA; SYSTEMIC ABSORP W/ 25% CONC APPLIED TO ABRADED SKIN IN ANIMALS
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAILABLE. NOT RECOMMENDED BY MFR
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Risk for possible acute inflammation or ulceration of the extremities particularly in those patients with decreased circulation to the extremities for any reason.
Giving Salicylic Acid-Soap-Sulfur Cream to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Prolonged use or use on extensive skin areas may lead to systemic toxicity, e.g. hemostatic or metabolic changes.
- management or monitoring precaution: Topical preparations containing sulfur should not be used age < 2 years except under the direction and supervision of a physician.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.