What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Daptomycin Vial to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: INSUFFICIENT HUMAN DATA AVAILABLE
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: LIMITED DATA SUGGEST SMALL AMOUNTS EXCRETED WITH NO KNOWN ADVERSE EFFECTS
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: General-Adverse events more common. Lower clinical success rates. Renal-Dose adjust for CrCL < 30 mL/min.
Giving Daptomycin Vial to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Monitor for myopathy and neuropathy. Avoid in patient with renal impairment.
- Severe Precaution: Risk of myopathy, neuropathy and nervous system effects. Avoid use per manufacturer.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.