Edoxaban (<= 30 mg)/Selected P-gp Inhibitors Interactions
This information is generalized and not intended as specific medical advice. Consult your healthcare professional before taking or discontinuing any drug or commencing any course of treatment.
Moderate. These medicines may cause some risk when taken together. Contact your healthcare professional (e.g. doctor or pharmacist) for more information.
How the interaction occurs:
Some medicines may change the way edoxaban is absorbed or eliminated by your body.
What might happen:
Your blood levels of edoxaban may increase, which could increase your risk for serious bleeding.
What you should do about this interaction:
Let your healthcare professionals (e.g. doctor or pharmacist) know that you are taking these medicines together. Your doctor may want to change or adjust the dose of your medication.Let your doctor know right away if you have any unusual or unexpected bleeding such as bleeding from your gums, nosebleeds, unusual bruising, or dark stools.Your healthcare professionals may already be aware of this interaction and may be monitoring you for it. Do not start, stop or change the dosage of any medication before checking with them first.
- 1.FDA Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER). Application number 206316 Savaysa (edoxaban tosylate) Clinical Pharmacology and Biopharmaceutics Review. available at: http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/nda/2015/206316Orig1Orig2s00 0ClinPharmR.pdf January 8, 2015.
- 2.Lixiana European Medicines Agency (EMA) Assessment report. Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) 23 April 2015.
- 3.Savaysa (edoxaban) US prescribing information. Daiichi Sankyo, Inc September, 2016.
- 4.Lixiana (edoxaban tosilate) UK summary of product characteristics. Daiichi Sankyo UK Limited July 2, 2015.
- 5.FDA Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER). Application no. 206316 Summary Review Savaysa (edoxaban tosylate). available at: http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/nda/2015/206316Orig1Orig2s00 0SumR.pdf January 8, 2015.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.