Who should not take Colchicine?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- decreased function of bone marrow
- low blood counts due to bone marrow failure
- decreased blood platelets
- low levels of white blood cells
- low levels of granulocytes
- a type of white blood cell
- a disease with shrinking and weaker muscles called myopathy
- method of removing waste/poison from blood with dialysis
- severe liver disease
- severe renal impairment
- a condition with muscle tissue breakdown called rhabdomyolysis
- anemia from pyruvate kinase and G6PD deficiencies
- Colchicine Analogues
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.