What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Methamphetamine HCL to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDA C (unknown human fetal risk; assess risk/benefit):
If you are NURSING
- Absolute Contraindication: AMPHETAMINE CONCENTRATED IN MILK;MAY CAUSE IRRITABILITY,POOR SLEEPING PATTERN
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Neuro/Psych-May exacerbate pre-existing insomnia. Cardiovascular-May exacerbate pre-existing coronary insufficiency, cause or exacerbate peripheral vasculopathy. Gastrointestinal-Anorexia may cause significant weight loss.
Giving Methamphetamine HCL to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Not indicated age < 6 years. Risks associated with cardiac structural defects. May affect growth rate and behavior.
- management or monitoring precaution: Warning with use in cardiac structural defects. Monitor growth and behavior.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.