Who should not take ?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- high levels of potassium in the blood
- low amount of potassium in the blood
- decreased blood platelets
- very low levels of granulocytes, a type of white blood cell
- myasthenia gravis, a skeletal muscle disorder
- heart attack within the last 30 days
- complete heart block
- second degree atrioventricular heart block
- bundle branch block
- torsades de pointes, a type of abnormal heart rhythm
- prolonged QT interval on EKG
- chronic heart failure
- abnormal EKG with QT changes from birth
- low blood pressure
- liver problems
- decreased kidney function
- systemic lupus erythematosus, an autoimmune disease
- poisoning by the heart medication digitalis
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using procainamide oral?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.