Who should not take RAMIPRIL?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- low amount of sodium in the blood
- high levels of potassium in the blood
- inherited disorder of continuing episodes of swelling
- low levels of a type of white blood cell called neutrophils
- method of removing waste/poison from blood with dialysis
- renal artery stenosis
- low blood pressure
- decreased kidney function
- systemic lupus erythematosus, an autoimmune disease
- scleroderma, hardening and tightening of the skin and connective tissues
- high amount of bilirubin in the blood
- excessive vomiting
- excessive diarrhea
- decreased urine production
- abnormally high levels of nitrogen-containing compounds in your blood
- abnormal liver function tests
- decreased blood volume
- a type of allergic reaction involving the intestines called intestinal angioedema
- hymenoptera insect venom desensitization therapy
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using ramipril?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.