Who should not take DULOXETINE HCL?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- a disorder with excess antidiuretic hormone called syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone
- low amount of sodium in the blood
- an increased risk of bleeding
- manic behavior
- a form of mania that has a lower severity of symptoms
- suicidal thoughts
- serotonin syndrome, a type of disorder with high serotonin levels
- closed angle glaucoma
- high blood pressure
- orthostatic hypotension, a form of low blood pressure
- hardening of the liver caused by alcohol
- chronic inflammation of the liver
- hardening of the liver
- inflammation of the liver called hepatitis
- liver problems
- an inability to completely empty the bladder
- high blood sugar
- abnormal liver function tests
- a yellowing of the eyes or skin from buildup of bilirubin called jaundice
- the stomach and intestines to move food at a slower pace
- risk of angle-closure glaucoma due to narrow angle of anterior chamber of eye
- chronic kidney disease stage 4 (severe)
- chronic kidney disease stage 5 (failure)
- kidney disease with likely reduction in kidney function
- Child-Pugh class A liver impairment
- Child-Pugh class B liver impairment
- Child-Pugh class C liver impairment
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using duloxetine HCL?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.