What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Cymbalta to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Requires a Risk/Benefit Assessment:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: MONITOR INFANT FOR DROWSINESS, ADEQUATE WEIGHT GAIN AND DEVELOPMENT
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Hepatic-May need to adjust dose especially in combination with renal impairment. Renal-Avoid use with CrCl < 30 mL/min. Endocrine-Increased risk of SIADH and hyponatremia resulting in an increased risk of falls. Cardiovascular-Elderly may be at increased risk for orthostatic hypotension, syncope and falls.
Giving Cymbalta to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Possible increased suicidal ideation and attempt. Monitor height, weight and behavior.
- Severe Precaution: Possible increased suicidal ideation and attempt. Risk of anorexia and weight loss. No safety and efficacy.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.