What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Cordron-D Liquid to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Only When Necessary: FDA C W/COMBO PROD; POSS RISK OF GASTROSCHISIS/SIA WITH 1ST TRIMESTER EXPOSURE
- Only When Necessary:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: MAY DECREASE MILK SUPPLY, AND CAUSE IRRITABILITY
- Precaution: USE WITH CAUTION. MAY CAUSE PARADOXICAL EXCITATION/INHIBIT LACTATION.
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Cardiovascular-Elderly are more sensitive to tachycardia and hypertensive effects. May exacerbate symptomatic coronary insufficiency. Genitourinary-May cause urinary retention. Neuro/Psych-May worsen cognitive impairment in some elderly with dementia. Insomnia risk.
- management or monitoring precaution: Neuro/Psych-Anticholinergic effects may cause sedation, worsen cognitive impairment and increase fall risk. Non-sedating agent preferred. Gastrointestinal-May cause or worsen pre-existing constipation. Genitourinary-Best avoided in patients with urinary retention from any cause.
Giving Cordron-D Liquid to a child under 12
- Contraindication: Risk of paradoxical CNS excitation, seizure. Contraindicated age < 2 years.
- Contraindication: Risk of CNS excitation or depression and/or decreased mental alertness. Do not use for cough/cold age < 6 years without clinician consult.
- Contraindication: High risk of adverse CNS effects. Not recommended for use age < 6 years.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.