Who should not take ERLOTINIB HCL?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- liver cancer
- low amount of potassium in the blood
- a type of blood disorder where the red blood cells burst called hemolytic anemia
- increased risk of bleeding due to clotting disorder
- decreased blood platelets
- an ulcer of the cornea of the eye
- a heart attack
- a low supply of oxygen rich blood to the heart
- a stroke
- thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura, a type of blood disorder
- a type of inflammation of the lung called interstitial pneumonitis
- a condition where there is formation of fibrous tissue in the lung called pulmonary fibrosis
- acute respiratory distress syndrome, a type of lung disorder
- liver problems
- acute renal failure in patients with serious liver disease
- high amount of bilirubin in the blood
- abnormal liver function tests
- a mother who is producing milk and breastfeeding
- a rupture in the wall of the stomach or intestine
- tobacco smoking
- lung tissue problem
- kidney disease with likely reduction in kidney function
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using erlotinib HCL?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.