What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Myci Chlorped Drops to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Requires a Risk/Benefit Assessment:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAILABLE; MAY CAUSE SEDATION AND INHIBIT LACTATION
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Neuro/Psych-Anticholinergic effects may cause sedation, worsen cognitive impairment and increase fall risk. Non-sedating antihistamine preferred. Gastrointestinal-May cause or worsen pre-existing constipation. Genitourinary-Best avoided in patients with urinary retention from any cause.
Giving Myci Chlorped Drops to a child under 12
- Contraindication: Seizure risk in newborns. CNS risk of increased sedation or paradoxical excitation.
- management or monitoring precaution: CNS risk of increased sedation or paradoxical excitation. Caution with asthma.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.