Who should not take Byetta Pen Injector?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- pancreatic adenocarcinoma
- a cancer that forms in the glands of the pancreas
- low blood sugar
- decreased blood platelets
- high blood pressure
- stomach muscle paralysis and decreased function
- kidney transplant
- excessive vomiting
- excessive diarrhea
- chronic kidney disease stage 3A (moderate)
- chronic kidney disease stage 3B (moderate)
- chronic kidney disease stage 4 (severe)
- chronic kidney disease stage 5 (failure)
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.