What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering EEMT H.S. to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Absolute Contraindication:
- FDB Only When Necessary: NOT INDICATED DURING PREGNANCY, NO KNOWN DEV TOX
If you are NURSING
- Absolute Contraindication: POSS SEV ADV EFFECTS,PREMATURE EPIPHYSEAL CLOSURE,VIRILIZATION OF FEMALES
- Precaution: MAY DECREASE QUANTITY AND QUALITY OF BREASTMILK.
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: General-Avoid use in the elderly unless indicated for moderate to severe hypogonadism. Safer alternatives available. Urogenital-Risks for prostatic hypertrophy or carcinoma in men. Cardiovascular-Increases CV risk. Recent FDA warnings include coronary and cerebrovascular events.
- management or monitoring precaution: General-Use lowest possible dose for shortest duration and in combination with a progestin as indicated to reduce the risk of endometrial hyperplasia and breast cancer. Cardiovascular-May increase risk for thromboembolic events. Avoid use in patients with known, suspected, or history of arterial or venous thromboembolic disease. Neuro/Psych-May increase the risk for dementia.
Giving EEMT H.S. to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: May cause premature epiphyseal closure.
- management or monitoring precaution: Safety and efficacy in children has not been established.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.