Who should not take MEPERIDINE HCL?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- a condition with low thyroid hormone levels
- a condition where the adrenal glands produce less hormones called Addison's disease
- decreased function of the adrenal gland
- sickle cell anemia
- toxic psychosis
- addiction to a drug
- alcohol intoxication
- drug abuse
- serotonin syndrome, a type of disorder with high serotonin levels
- cor pulmonale
- supraventricular tachycardia
- atrial flutter
- low blood pressure
- asthma attack
- lung failure causing loss of breath
- decreased lung function
- blockage of the stomach or intestine
- severe liver disease
- narrowing of the tube that empties urine from the bladder
- enlarged prostate
- high pressure within the skull
- inherited dysfunction of autonomic nerve function
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- kidney disease with likely reduction in kidney function
- history of opioid overdose
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using meperidine HCL vial?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.