young people are using this drug to get high and halucinate

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
3/19/2021
Condition: Disease with Hearing Loss, Ringing in the Ears & Dizziness

This is the only medicine that has been effective for my migraines with vertigo/nausea/vomiting. I have tried many over the years.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/17/2019
Condition: Motion Sickness

Dramamine has always knocked me out like a horse tranquilizer and never helped with my motion sickness when I was a kid. I tried taking a small amount as an adult to prepare for a trip. I took it two days before I went anywhere and was motion sick just walking around. Terrible experience, so glad I didn't take it on my trip.

LG | 25-34 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/10/2016
Condition: Prevention of Motion Sickness

Took it to enjoy a theme park at the suggestion of my father a few years back...the spinning cups, for the first time in over a decade, didn't make me feel like a first time fighter jet pilot no matter how fast it spun. No spinning sensation. No nausea. Worked like a charm. I'd recommend this for people trying out the new Virtual Reality stuff too.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/24/2014
Condition: Treatment to Prevent Nausea and Vomiting
GettinIggyWithIt | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
5/9/2014

I, too, use Dramamine for insomnia. Having narcolepsy, your circadian rhythm makes it difficult to find the right medication to keep you asleep through the night and have you wake up 8 hrs later without feeling hungover (or cuddling a cheese log or worse - thank you, Ambien). Dramamine seems to be the only medication that works consistently. I take two of the generics I get from Walmart for next-to-nothing, and bam, I'm out until morning. I wake up 1-5 minutes before my alarm goes off; ready to face the world. It's comforting to find that others are taking it for the same. A neurologist informed me that most OTC sleep meds are just antihistamines, so I tried every one on the list. This one was the winner. Now, I'm not sure about any long-term side-effects it may cause; as I haven't seen it indicated for insomnia, but I am pretty positive that any side-effects it may have aren't nearly as bad as chronic insomnia.Read More Read Less

LMinflaol.com | 65-74 | Female | Patient
3/30/2014

i take it nightly with 1 tylenol pm for sleep. i am an ms patient and need my sleep. i am afraid i am coin the wrong thing. is this unsafe?

Anonymous | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/21/2013
Condition: Prevention of Motion Sickness
Anonymous | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
6/13/2013
Condition: Motion Sickness

I get motion sickness almost every time I'm in a moving vehicle. Dramamine definitely relieves the symptoms quickly, but it simultaneously knocks me out. When I take it, I'm tired the entire day and sometimes the next day as well. Not just regular tired-- EXHAUSTED. I find myself having slow reaction times, slurring my words, and being unable to think clearly, stand for long periods of time, and keep myself awake. However, my symptoms of motion sickness are so bad that it's worth it.

tiger Lily | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years |
9/17/2012
Condition: Sensation of Spinning or Whirling

don't know what causes my vertigo, I am on BP meds for 12 years and I have had this ever since. dizziness if weather changes, hits me at night when I am sleeping only to wake up to the room spinning, very hard to deal with once it happens, I somehow came across dramamine and I take it 1 hour before going to bed and It works great, but if I don't take it, I take the risk of having dizziness/vertigo again so for maintanance I take it every day, sometimes I half the pill and it still works great. The doc did not put me on this I just chose to do it myself, but on my next doc visit I will tell him about it and see what he thinks. I was worried about side effects but I don't really have any at all, so I am happy with that. don't live in fear with vertigo or dizziness if I have to take this for the rest of my life then I will cause it is not fun at all living with vertigo, and can reek havic on your nervous system. Good luck with dramamine, it works for me!Read More Read Less

jack | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
9/6/2012

young people are using this drug to get high and halucinate

p | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/21/2012
Condition: Sensation of Spinning or Whirling

First time user dont know if it works or not

STAR | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/15/2012
oOCielOo | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
1/16/2012
Condition: Feel Like Throwing Up

This medication, also known as Gravol, works VERY well. It makes you drowsy though and you wake up or turn out with dry mouth. Only major issue is that it can be easily dependable/addictive, varying on the person.

Erin | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/7/2011
Condition: Nausea and Vomiting

I have a duodenal ulcer and get severe nausea, sometimes throwing up (due to the ulcer itself; and the vicodin/percocet I take for the pain)...and this medication allows me to be at work and do my normal activities by easing the nausea from the ulcer and the narcotic pain meds. It makes me drowsy though,but I will take that instead of the nausea...AND it also makes me feel hungry all the time, increases my appetite.

cindyb | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
6/20/2011

I have been taking Dramamine for quite a while now to help with the cramps from chronic IBS. It seems to help considerably and I am never without it. I no longer get as drowsy as I use to. I always start with taking 1/2 and then the other 1/2. The only problem I have is it seems to make either my skin thin or my blood thin because I can bump my hand and it will bleed. also leaves the "purple" spots you will see on an elderly person taking blood thinners. When I can go a couple of days without taking the medicine, the thin skin/bleeding quits.I would recommend this to any IBS sufferer. Read More Read Less

bam | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
1/4/2011
Condition: Disease with Hearing Loss, Ringing in the Ears & Dizziness

I use this for the vertigo attacks associated with Meniere's disease. It helps with the vertigo, but leaves me drowsy and I have to nap for a couple of hours. But after that I am usually fine.

rpscot | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
9/3/2010
Condition: Disease with Hearing Loss, Ringing in the Ears & Dizziness

It worked for me in that it did relieve my nausea, how ever it makes me so drowsy that I wind up falling asleep and usually sleep for 12 to 14 hours and then I am dragging for 2 days after that. I find this even more frustrating than the initial symptoms. It does nothing to help with the ringing in my ears.

Enchantress | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
2/23/2010
Condition: Motion Sickness

Very effective product. I no longer fear long drives or boat rides since i started taking this product in 2001. It works for me much better than Gravol... It causes extreme drowsiness within the first hour but after that I am fine.

klk | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/26/2010
Condition: Nausea and Vomiting

had severe n/v, unrelieved with my usual Pepto Bismol, simethicone, or cimetidine. The dramamine chew tabs worked almost immediately. I was not fully relieved of the nausea, but it helped. CON- developed tinnitus of the ears for first time ever.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
11/6/2009
Condition: Motion Sickness

i have motion sickness anytime I travel. I have taken it for up to 18 days(on extended travel) without any side effects, along with other medication. The less drowsy formula for 24 hours is best