the drug manufacturers don't tell us about hair loss, brain damage, severe depression, hallucinations, spinal cord damage, memory loss, cognitive problems, shaking, etc. I've been on it for 5 years and my pre-prograf MRI of my brain was fine. Now I have brain damage. I've also been diagnosed as severely bi-polar, and my once thick hair is all but gone!

Lots of side effects, hair loss is severe. Tingling, blurred vision, and insomnia. I am very thankful for my liver. Six months tomorrow 8/5/2014.

45packer | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
2/28/2021
Condition: Prevention of Liver Transplant Rejection

I am a 22 year survivor of a liver transplant. I have been on this product for the entire time. HOWEVER I have reduced my dosage to zero over the last 3 years. I had just about all the symptoms, pain, weakness, insomnia, digestive issues (diarrea). I could go on and on but we all know what it does. Constant bloodwork AST/ALT during this time has shown the my liver is doing great with no issues. Other than feeling a million times better being off this stuff, my Doc is amazed that there are no issues. We still monitor the usual things and stay on top of it . After 22 years I know my body, and I know I have regained my life. I just had my 66th birthday!! I have a great Doc that worked with me and I DO NOT recommend doing what I did unless you have a GREAT Doc to help through it, but I would say try to talk to the Doc about taking baby steps in reducing your dose even a little bit. In 1999 when I had my transplant I was taking 8mg daily. After one year of suffering all those side effects, we reduced the dosage to half 4mg. After 5 years we went down to 2mg and I stayed with that dose for ten more years. The last 3 years its' 1mg a day. Then 1mg every other day then once a week and now ZERO. Again, I have a tremendous Doc who worked with me and the GI the entire time. DO NOT DO THIS YOURSELF, IT TAKES A GREAT DOCTOR TO HELP ONE THROUGH THIS, CONSTANT MONITORING OF BLOODWORK AND THE USUAL CHECK UPS MUST BE DONE. I have a new life and my wife thinks I'm a horny teenager(almost) LOL

Joe Bellnier | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
11/22/2017
Condition: Prevent of Transplant Rejection

I had pancreas transplant 13 months ago been on prograf only complaint I have is the shakiness, tremors in my hands.

helen | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient

1/29/2017
sophie | 13-18 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
6/28/2016
Condition: Prevention of Liver Transplant Rejection

I had a liver transplant when I was only two and a half years old, and have been taking prograf since day one. This medicine is hard on my kidneys, which causes me to have high blood pressure, but I am given another med to help with that. This new years eve will be my 12 year "liver-virsery" and I have not gone into rejection thanks to prograf. I must say that this med along with a few others(CellCept)(Enalapril)are the reason I'm here today.