I have been on this medication since I was 19 due to a liver transplant. I had the tremors and the headaches in the beginning but they went away after about a year I believe. It was rather annoying but I was still alive! It has been 13 almost 14 years now and I have had only one rejection episode. That was due to mixing non-compatible meds. My meds have just been reduced to 1mg 2x daily. That is t...

I really did not feel well because I newly experienced tremor. After switching to an alternative (ciclo) symptoms very quickly ceased.

Teresa | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
4/29/2021
Condition: Prevention of Liver Transplant Rejection

I’ve been on this for 12 years and had one liver rejection issue in the beginning. They adjusted this med and I’ve been good since. I’m on 1mg in morning and 2mg at night. God is Good! Ty donor

EndPKDnow | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
11/4/2019
Condition: Prevent Kidney Transplant Rejection

So many awful side effects that leave me unable to get anything done or go anywhere. But My kidney is healthy which is number 1 priority!

Bee | 35-44 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
10/5/2019
Condition: Prevent of Transplant Rejection

I have had my liver transplants for 25 yrs was on cyclosporine for the first 18 yrs then was changed to tacrolimus currently on 1.5 mg twice daily. it has stopped a episode of acute rejection but I have had several side effects including thrombocytopenia (low platelets of 50) headaches, ringing in the ears, insomnia, very slow muscle weakness, difficulty swallowing, heart palpitations, tiredness. I would like to know if any one else has been having muscle weakness?

DebiS | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/31/2017

5 months out! I'm so alive! TY donor

Ollivander | 19-24 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
4/25/2017
Condition: Prevention of Liver Transplant Rejection

It does its job very well as I haven't had any rejection that wasn't because of further surgery, but the side effects have been creeping up slowly. Started noticing my hair was very dry and thin and has started to come out more and more. I'm always confused, tired and generally just not stable with a rather pounding heart beat if I try to do anything remotely strenuous. the list is quite long with this one so attempting to switch to something else at the moment. It's been about a year and a half since I had my liver transplant and these effects have only just started.