Ol'timer | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
10/21/2018
Condition: Myasthenia Gravis

I was diagnosed with MG in 1984 and took this medication for decades. It worked great for me. When Medicare took it off their formulary several years ago, my doctor helped me get it from Canada. At that time the cost for 100 tablets was $84 there and $330 here. Now it is no longer manufactured and not available at all in the states and while it can be ordered thru Canada, it comes from the UK and is too expensive to pay out of pocket. I'm stuck with Mestinon which I can only take small amounts of. I don't know the different or why each medication works differently for me but at least there's this one.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/18/2009
Condition: Myasthenia Gravis

I was diagnosed rather quickyly with MG because of vision problems and blood tests my eye doctor ordered. My PCP referred me to a neuro specialist. I started taking this drug for the muscle weakness which helped after the 1st hour of taking the 1st tablet. Further tests showed that I had a thymoma. Surgery followed about 6 six weeks later. I continue to take the medication at a reduced dosage two months later.