I started having seizers at age 14 after I fell down some flight of stairs and ended up in hospital unconscious. I was being treated with Dilantin but on a rather irregular basis. I was having seizures about 3 times per year mainly at nights 3-5 am . At about age 30 I started taking this more seriously and was prescribed the generic PHENYTOIN 300 MG AT NIGHTS which I take regularly. I do not drin...

Long time user first time writer | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
6/17/2020
Condition: Epileptic Seizure

I've been taking this medication for 10 years plus and the only time I've had a seizure is when i forgot to take it. Always worried about long time effects though concerning my liver. Currently taking 2 100MG capsules 3 times a day which is high but has allowed me to live a normal life so far. Prior to I couldn't hold a job and started to have severe depression from this. I'm happy its around but does not work on all people such as my little brother who is also epileptic. This medication had to effect for him.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/21/2019
Condition: Convulsive Seizures
Angie B | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/25/2017
Condition: Facial Nerve Pain

Has anyone taking this for Trigenimal Neuralgia and am taking starting taking Phenyytoin 100mg 2x a day. Trigeminal neuralgia is a chronic neuropathic pain disorder characterized by episodes of sudden, severe facial pain. Pain arises from the trigeminal nerve, which carries sensory messages to and from the face. People with trigeminal neuralgia describe their pain as an excruciating shock-like or burning sensation on one side of the lower face, cheek or jaw or around the eye.

post surgical period | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
8/7/2016
Condition: Simple Partial Seizures

good

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
5/26/2014
Condition: Convulsive Seizures

it does not seem to work. always feel like i'm going to take a siezure