This does help with OCD. I do not ruminate or obsess persistently about the same annoying distracting and useless thoughts. It also helps with my anxiety and a little with ADD. Mainly, it makes me a little less anxious, so I don't worry (obsess) as much, and my attention is a little better (I don't forget my keys or wallet as much) b/c again, I am less anxious. But I need more, so I am taking VE...

noname85375543 | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
5/16/2022
Condition: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

I started taking this medicine 3 years ago, I was put on it for OCD I thought it was helping me and it was the best thing for me. I felt the same as I did before but I thought it was helping me internally even if I didn't notice it. I also have been having daily headaches for 6-7 years and have been to a neurologist and had every test in the book and nothing ever shows up. Suddenly, It hit me that it might be this medication. I realized that I had almost all of the side effects especially the decreased sleeping, loss of appetite, no sexual desire, not being able to reach an orgasm or maintain it, the HEADACHES, depression, and the list just goes on and on. at this point, I was done I was angry and I just quit taking the medication completely, within 1 week I feel better than I ever have before. no depression, barely any headaches, way better sleep, sexual desire is through the roof, I feel amazing. I feel like I have my life back, this medicine has stolen 3 years of my life from me where I felt nothing but numbnes and I feel amazing now. Read More Read Less

Lizzy | 55-64 | Other | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/3/2022
Condition: Posttraumatic Stress Syndrome

I've been having migraines daily X 5-6 months. I've been taking this med for the same length of time. Now I'm beginning to think it's the medication itself. I am beginning to taper off. I'll keep you posted.

JessC | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/15/2022
Condition: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

This medication gave me my life back after severe postpartum depression, and has continued to help me manage my OCD. It's not magical... the obsessions and intrusive thoughts are still there. But they're greatly reduced in frequency and intensity, so that I can actually function. I'm so grateful.

coral | 55-64 | Female | Patient
3/8/2022
Condition: Depression

Within 20 minutes of taking my first pill of this I felt as if I had been poisoned. It's now several hours later and I'm feeling desperately sick in my stomach and intestines. I can barely move and almost feel paralyzed. I pray this leaves my system soon.

Gold | 35-44 | Other | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/6/2022
Condition: Repeated Episodes of Anxiety

Bad side effects ended up in hospital, broke out in a rash on my armpits, knees and groin. I was hallucinating, thought I could fly. Thought I was flying. Terrible nightmares, sweats.

Mahmoud | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/7/2021
Condition: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

It's very effective for treating OCD

Anonymous | 13-18 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
7/21/2020
Condition: Repeated Episodes of Anxiety

I was put on this medication to help with my anxiety and panic attacks and I noticed no change at all. I guess it's a comfort to know I'm taking something that's SUPPOSED to help, but at the end of the day it doesn't.

Anonymous | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
6/11/2020
Condition: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

I suffered from OCD my whole life and never went on medication because it wasn't ever very bad. Suddenly it became very intense and I was unable to leave the house. I went on just a little of this medication and not only was back to myself before the medication, but better than I have been in my whole life (I think). Within weeks, I felt motivated to work, able to leave my house, and my intrusive thoughts eased up enough to be able to discuss them in therapy. It was not a cure-all and I still had to do a lot of work in therapy, but this medication allowed me to do so. I had severe nausea for about six weeks, though. But I would do it again for the benefits that this medication has given me. I have my life back!Read More Read Less

Ra | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
4/24/2019
Condition: Binge Eating Disorder

After starting treatment with Fluvoxamine my condition got better. My appetite became stable and my obsessive condition became manageable.After starting treatment with Fluvoxamine my condition got better. My appetite became stable and my obsessive condition became manageable. I would definitely recommend this to other people plagued with psychological disorders.

mag | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/4/2019
Condition: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Shortly after being put on Luvox, I had some side effects which included wild mood swings, paranoia, suicidal thoughts. I would just start crying for no reason. Or I would get really hyper, boiling with rage, and sometimes a bit paranoid. It's probably one of those rare side effects, but this stuff didn't agree with me at all. Works great for my brother though. Thankfully, after a visit to the psych ward, I am off this poison and on some meds that actually agree with me.

XxA | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/19/2018
Condition: Anxiousness associated with Depression

Within 1 day I feel my depression/anxiety gone. Felt nausea and loss of appetite at first but now I am eating so much more! Food is more tasty. Some emotional blunting though.

bshamp | 45-54 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
9/5/2018
Condition: Anxiousness associated with Depression

I suffer from depression, axiety, ocd and picking. Since taking this medicine (13 yrs) it has helped tremendously. This year I had to up my dose by 50 mg and OMG could notice the difference by day 2. The reason for the extra dose was because I was tired all the time no matter how much sleep I got. So my Doctor and I decided to try a little more and it has worked. So thankful.

WSam | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
2/13/2018
Condition: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

I have been taking this medication for over 20 years for OCD. I've tried one other medication postpartum, but once I was able to get back on this I did immediately. This is a tried-and-true for me! If they ever stop making it I will have to stockpile it.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
12/4/2017
Anonymous | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
1/29/2017
Condition: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Most effective medication I have tried so far.

Vestar | 19-24 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
12/20/2016
Condition: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

I am taking it for around 4years. There hasn't been a slight change in my lips/cuticles picking disorder.

Repeat | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
8/9/2016
Condition: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Works very well for almost everything related to OCD.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/1/2016
Condition: Repeated Episodes of Anxiety

Unbelievable how this med works!!! I started suffering from anxiety and panic attacks. I was also experiencing chest pain with heart palpitations and started uncontrollably obsessing over dying of heart failure. I had a cardiac catheterization previously that showed a healthy heart, but still I obsessed. I started this med and I saw a dramatic change. Palpitations are rare and I'm mostly able to control a full blown panic attack (doc gave me another med to take in an emergency during a panic attack, but I haven't needed it yet). I still have to get an endoscopy (scheduled for later this month) to see if I have GERD that may have been causing chest pain/palpitations, but since the fluvoxamine has worked so well, then it's possible to conclude that the cause of my heart symptoms is anxiety. Maybe I have GERD too, who knows. But I am feeling so much better on this med! I hate that I have to take any med but when you need help, then it's for the best.Read More Read Less

Angljaffy | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
12/18/2015
Condition: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

I was prescribed this medication for OCD, however, I also suffer from Bipolar Depression and Anxiety and at times, Panic attacks. It helps with all of those. It even diminished my road rage. I would definitely recommend this!!

Nigel | 19-24 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
1/25/2015
Condition: Depression

Powerful interaction occurs when used with diazepam.