love it. Dose everything it's suppose to do. I take one, then go to sleep about 1/2 hour later, wake up about 7 hrs. later n feel great.

Horrible! Didn't even make me tired, and I was tired before I took it! Took one around midnight, still awake at 1am (and I was just lying in bed, eyes closed, dark room, trying my hardest to sleep and was still wide awake) .... Took another at 1:15am, another hour and a half goes by and still NOTHING! At this point I'm extremely frustrated considering I had to get up for work very early. I know I ...

Jeannie | 13-18 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/26/2021
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I had a very weird 'rare'(?) scary experience. For me I, rarely, have trapped air that uncomfortably burps out or goes down. However with this medication, this trapped air intensifies and is 100x more frequent, in which it occurs continuously. So frequent that my mouth started salivating so much, and I was sweating, and crying. It was so painfully uncomfortable and going on for hours, I couldn't sleep a wink, and had to run outside because I felt trapped. I also used antacid tablets then, but even with them, it would still persist just as strongly. I do not recommend!Read More Read Less

John | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/7/2021
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Took Unisom to help me sleep through the night. I Slept through the whole night. But boy did I pay for it the next AM. Extreme dizziness, light headed and grogginess. If I had to go to work the next day, I would not have been able to do so. Took it several months ago, had similar reaction. Will NEVER take it again. Was recommended by local pharmacy. Advil PM, works great and none of the above side affects.

Mama2 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/9/2020
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Worked first night only. Slept 8hrs. Very groggy next day. Did not work ever again. Still tried and it gave me restless achy feet. Strange side effect. I guess it might work once a week or two. Benadryl works better.

saltycandy | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/14/2019

I took just one pill and did not feel good at all. I got very dizzy and it did not make me sleep. I was up all night with heart palpitations, nausea and racing thoughts. I finally fell asleep and today, I am still dizzy and nauseated. I guess I am the exception but this did not work for me

Huh? | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
1/4/2019
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I find that I can take ½ tablet. Sometimes it helps and sometimes not but I don't want to take too much of anything. Now Unisom has capsules (same strength as the tablets) but you can't cut it in half. Walmart carries both but charges more for the tablets. Is this a sneaky way of making you use more Unisom (buy more in other words). My guess that the company that makes Unisom is trying to increase sales this way. No wonder that people use too much medicine. I think I will have to find a company that makes a similar product. No wonder everyone hates Pharma. Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/31/2017
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I'm 25 and have had trouble sleeping for 5 years or so. Unisom is a good alternative to trazodone(rx) it isn't quite as strong but a very good option. I have had no bad side effects to this. I highly recommend it.

NB89 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
3/22/2017
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I have used Unisom in various forms on and off for 6 years. In Jan 2017 I started using them almost every night and started to experience sleep paralysis and night terrors. I haven't taken Unisom in about 5 days, I cant sleep now and have experienced paranoid thoughts while trying to do to sleep.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/19/2016
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I struggle with sleep and tried this medication after my husband has success with it. I took one tablet to begin with but quickly learned that 1/2 tablet was better suited for me. As other reviewers have stated, I felt a little groggy the next day when taking a whole tablet but feel fine with just 1/2 tablet. I have been given prescription medication for insomnia which I do take occasionally but this medication works fine....although I try not to take medication every night.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/21/2016
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Fell asleep within 30 minutes of taking 1 Unisom pill. Slept 10 hours straight. Had hard time waking up. Felt very groggy and paralytic and couldn't function. Stayed in a trance like state the next day with limited movement. WILL NEVER TAKE THIS MEDICINE AGAIN.

Kaitlyn | 13-18 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/2/2016
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I took it 30 min before I went to sleep and I fell asleep really quickly, but I kept waking up every hour or so. I usually get 2 to 3 hours sleep normally without interuption, but this seemed to make it worse. I don't know if it's just me, or my body just will not accept anymore sleeping medicine( which I take very rarely)

Ashley | 13-18 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/23/2016
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

This medication was very effective but I experienced a lot of drowsiness the next morning.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/15/2016
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

took if for the first time and was asleep within 30 minutes and slept from 8p.m till 4 a.m

Pat925 | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/17/2016
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

As much as I would love to give this product a 10 I can not. I took a unisom 25mg for the first time two days ago before bed and I was sleep in 20 minutes. I suffer from insomnia and I stayed sleep for 7 straight hours which was great for me because I usually only sleep for 2 or 3 hours on and off a night. I woke up a bit groggy but it wore off after a hour or so. Last night I took a unisom and again was sleep in 20 minutes. I slept through the night again and woke up feeling great. Got out of bed and realized my whole left hand was covered in red dots. I had to call my doctor and was told it was a allergic reaction. So now I'm taking benadryl and was prescribed hydroxyzine for sleep. So just want to give a heads up about one of the side effects. If you see dots anywhere please don't ignore it. Cheers!!Read More Read Less

Diddy86 | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/15/2016
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I have insomnia and I just want to say how this pill works for me. I took 1 25mg tablet n within a half hour I was sleep. I woke up twice to use the bathroom but went back to sleep with ease. The only thing that sucked was waking up after 9 hours and feeling groggy. It went away about 2 hours later. So I plan on taking a half to see if it helps me sleep without the groggy feeling. I recommend this product just be careful. Best of luck to you all!!

Merlew | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/21/2015
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I have trouble falling asleep most nights. I took Unisom for about a week with no help. The first night, it did make me sleepy and I was able to sleep within an hour of taking it. After that first night, it did absolutely nothing for me. I do acknowledge that I adjust to medications very quickly and they loose effectiveness for me. I was hoping this would last longer than one night though.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/11/2015
Condition: Runny Nose

What a life saver. Was taking alkaseltzer nighttime for my cold all day. Asked my doctor what the difference was between the day and night formula and they said it was ultimately the same ingredient in unisom. Bought the gel caps and they made it possible to breath at night. Works wonders for nighttime cold medicine.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/22/2015
Condition: Nausea and Vomiting of Pregnancy

My doctor recommended this to me to help ease my morning sickness. Which, it did a little bit. By little bit, I'm slightly more functional in that I can at least talk to my husband in the mornings instead of sitting there wallowing in in morning sickness. I take the product and it puts me to sleep about ten minutes later. Granted, I do not have trouble getting to sleep. However, after taking it, I wake up either multiple times in the night or I wake up about 4 hours later and I'm awake the rest of the night. I am never well rested. I'm always fatigued due to being asleep for only 4 hours and then awake. Even then, I don't hit REM. All in all, I'd rather deal with the debilitating morning sickness than take this product one more time.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/11/2014
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I HAVE TROUBLE FALLING ASLEEP AT FIRST IF I CANNOT FALL ASLEEP WITHIN AN HOUR I TAKE THE INITIAL DOSE AND FIND MYSELF WAKING UP IN THE MORNING FEELING GREAT...SO IT WORKS FOR ME TO HELP ME FALL ASLEEP

Try it | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
8/16/2014
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Chronic sleep problems? I have discovered I only need one eighth of a doxylamine tab to stay asleep all night. Even less. Take less, much less of your tablet, relax, and you will sleep all night too. The much lower leaves no after effects at all the following day. Certainly no need to take a whole tab, or a half, even a quarter ! The much lower dose also helps an upset stomach at bedtime. Experiment by reducing your tablet size and you will be surprised at the result. This solution great for those who we in the night and can't go back to sleep. I have even taken less thn an eighth of a tablet...and still it works!Read More Read Less

bikerchickYZFR1 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/31/2014
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

worked GREAT at first... then after 3 weeks of taking it I'm finding that I'm groggy all the time & sleeping through the day. I have always had intense dreams where I struggle or fight-- but after 2 weeks of unisom I started actually swinging my fists or legs in my sleep (which I a=have never done in my 25 years of life) resulting in punching my husband square in the face & kicking the dresser next to the bed so hard that I almost broke toes. After the dresser incident I am calling it quits with unisom! Maybe I will only use it once in a while if I can't sleep but long term use is no good!!!Read More Read Less