I am having horrible mood swings, my husband has even commented. My stomach has been painful as well.

Anonymous | 13-18 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/19/2021
Condition: Abnormal Bleeding from the Uterus

My 18 year-old daughter was given this medication to help with her PMS symptoms and control her period which was starting every 3 weeks. After 2 weeks on the pill, she became severely depressed, crying a lot, highly anxious and had irrational thoughts. At first, we thought she was just going through something but after 6 weeks I was desperate to get her help. We had seen a psychiatrist and therapist but nothing helped. I started researching side effects of this medication and found the reviews on this page, many of which described what my daughter was going through. I'm posting now to try to help others who may be experiencing the same severe side effects. It has has truly been a nightmare that I do not wish upon anyone. I realize that this pill has helped others but it should come with a warning on the front of the box in big red letters - COULD CAUSE SEVERE DEPRESSION!

WW | 35-44 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
2/18/2021

I have been on this pill for about 3/4 years after being on the depo for about 5/6 years. I have had no problems with it. Before getting on it I had really bad mood swings the week before,the week of,and after my cycle. I now have a cycle every 13 weeks and its only 2-4 days of very light bleeding. I have taken pills before, but after my first child switched to the shot (never again even if my life depended on it). This is the best pill.

Lily1910 | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/3/2021
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

I've been using this birth control for about a month. I was on Amethyst, and it was horrible. I bleed non stop. I started taking this pill and it stopped the bleeding. I have noticed some period like cramps, and at one point I thought I was bleeding but it was just clear discharge. I use this pill because I have heavy painful periods. So far its been really good to me. If anything changes I will update this. I have tried about five different birth control brands. It's expensive bc I pay out of pocket, but it's worth it if things remain the same.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
1/14/2021

this birth control has caused me so much pain!! it made me depressed, lose my hair, gain weight, panic attacks, extremely low sex drive, and has almost ruined my relationship!! i was on this for about a year and i’m switching off of it and never going back

BOBOH | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
12/14/2019
Condition: Abnormal Bleeding from the Uterus

it made me sick bad it did good