rich | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/20/2012
Condition: Abscess Within the Abdomen

had surgery for abscess of the appendix and a biblical hernia..was on morphine and flagyl and loratab for pain..walked for two days @ hospital,was sent home on 4th day..5th day @ home showed some unstability and speech was affected..went back to same hospital..temperature was rising..along with unstable blood pressure..was diagnosed for a stroke..was administered plavax..was sent to a neurologist @ a new hospital..diagnosed there for viral .meningitis

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/8/2011
Condition: Diverticulitis

i was diagnosed with diverticulitis in the ER. never had any health problems until this episode. hospitalized for 5 days & lost 12 or so pounds during the short time. it is possible that it is an effective drug, however, i did have one of the major side effects (nausea & violent vomiting) which was not addressed by the staff on hand, so my condition worsened. i was told by the nursing staff basically to "suck it up". my kids were worried about my condition & constant throwing up & questioned the staff. they said it was due to my condition. i was prescribed anti nausea meds at least an hour after i was given the flagyl. didn't do any good at all. after 5 days of taking this drug by IV, very weak...i was sent home with 10 more days to take it oraly..oops..they forgot to prescribe anti nausea meds along with it, so my symptoms actually got worse! i would suggest that anyone who is going to take this drug to please do the reasearch & if you have loved ones being prescribed this medication make sure they really need it & take the proper precautions!!!

crohnskillr | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/21/2011
Condition: Crohn's Disease

It's a very effective drug in the fact that it targets the infection in my bowels and helps heal the inflammation very quickly but it makes me very nauseous. I have to be given a dose of Zofran as they start my iv.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/28/2009
Condition: Infection of a Woman's Reproductive Organs

I started taking Flagyl on a Friday and by Monday morning, the horrific side effects took off. It is Wednesday and I have tried to take this medication as prescribed (2x/day), however I still have 6 days to go. I feel like I have been run over my a Mac truck, my throat is just about closed up and incredibly sore, I have this awful metallic taste in my mouth (which might be tolerable it I could swallow with ease). I don't think I will make it the remaining 6 days -- I have never taken anything like this before.

lisa | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/17/2008

this medication made me sick. couldnt keep anything down. got very very sick worsen my condition.