I have suffered severe migraines for almost 30 years now, and, combined with several cervical disk "breakdowns", I was in excruciating agony all of the time - as most anyone reading this will know, your pain becomes your life. With this drug, I finally have my life back. It's not the most pleasant thing to do (self-injections), but it is well worth it! I have found that Nubain is THE ONLY pain rel...

my baby died and this could be a cause. Please read everything carefully before getting this during your labor.

Anonymous | 75 or over | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
6/9/2014
Condition: Pain

no problems at all and did exactly what i expected. took away my pain!

sbouldrey | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/29/2014

delirious, sleepy,

Marley | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
4/5/2014
Condition: Pain

It is the only medicine that helps with my migraines but haven't been able to get it for about a year.

teepee | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
11/27/2013

I receive this medication when my normal migrane medications don't work. I receive Botox injections for migranes every three months, Maxalt as needed, and phenegran for nausea along with the headaches. I go to my urgent care office or if the headache is REALLY bad, and my other migrane medications fail to rid the headache. I will go to the ER and receive IV fluids and nubaine and phenegran at the same time. It works very well for me, 10mg of Nubaine and 25 to 50mg of phenegran injection. I just wish that I would be able to have a RX for home injections when my other migrane meds fail. It really is a pain and expensive to have to go to the Urgent care or ER for treatment.Read More Read Less

steelersfan | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
9/23/2013
Condition: Pain

Nubain with Phenergan is the only meds that work for my cluster/migraine headches. Unfortunately, doctors in my area don't believe in giving Rx for this- some hang-up on it being injected. I must go to hospital to get it. For those of you who have experienced shortage of this drug, I'm told it's all about money. Because of newer laws on pain meds, Nubain has become unprofitable to manufacture. Thus the drug companies don't want to or won't make it. I had seen several short outages from 2005-2010. From 2011 on it's been very hard to find in stock. Like any drug there will be some people who can't take it- side effects will be too intense. But for those of us it helps, it is a wonderful drug as it relieves pain quickly and allows you to continue on without a drug fog.Read More Read Less

Diana | 65-74 | Female | Patient
9/11/2013
Condition: Pain

No doctor gives Nubain...and for no reason given...jut say it is an old drug...whe my migraine has gone on more than four days, we have to drive 2 hours to my previous amply doctor to get a shot! This is the only drug that will completely get rid of my migraines and stop the cycle!

Lindsey 1 | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
2/15/2013
Condition: Pain

After having a horrible migraine where no oral medicine was working, the 10mg injection with phenergan begins to ease the paint within 10 minutes, totally out of pain by the time my husband drives me home!

Erin | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/30/2012
Condition: Pain

I had a collapsed lung when I was 17 yrs old, given Nubain in IV for pain while having a chest tube, IMMEDIATELY had an allergic reaction with severe itchy nuerological abnormalities, convulsions and a seizure, took the nurses hours to figure out what was wrong with me. Was told I was allergic and to never use it again. Aweful experience!

red | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months |
12/19/2012
Condition: Pain

I have to have this for chronic migraine. Does anyone know if it has been off the market or is it having manufacoring problems!

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
10/5/2012
Condition: Pain

for server migrain . i get 20 nubain , as im when i got to ER it helps brake my migrain

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
7/16/2012
Condition: Pain
Riverlady982 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
6/28/2012
Condition: Pain

This and Starkly are all that work for my Muscle Tension Headaches but once again they've quite making them. They are the very few meds I'm not allergic to taking. Hospitals are short on these and many others. Shame on them.

[email protected] | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
5/8/2012
Condition: Pain

After having a stroke, I have suffered tremendously with severe migraine cephalgia. After months and months of pain management therapies, the Nubain injection (10mg) has been the most effective in controlling the migraine pain and still let me fuction as an infividual. Prior to this, I had been mainly inside - in a dark room. These injections have been able to give me a quality of life again. Having taken this medication for several years, I am finding that this medication is having a problem with manufacturing - I live in New York state and am trying to locate a manufacturer or a drug pharmacy where this medication can be purchased with a doctors prescription and in the 10mg injectables. Can you tell me where to find this info.Read More Read Less

migrainesrnotmyfriend | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
5/2/2012
Condition: Pain

I have been given this drug for severe Migraine pain, even though it does put you down for 2-3 days, by 3 day my migraine is usually gone.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | Patient
4/7/2012

Migraines

STEVIENIXFAN101 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
3/12/2012
Condition: Pain

I FEEL AS THOUGH THIS DRUG IS A LIQUID GOLD. THE ONLY DOWN SIDE IS WITHDRAW. IT DOESN'T MAKE ME FEEL DOPEY OR SLEEPY AND I CAN GO ABOUT MY DAY PLUS I HAVE MANY ALLERGIES TO PAIN MEDS SO THIS IS A GREAT ALTERNATIVE. THE ONLY OTHER DOWN SIDE IS THE COST, ALOT OF INSURANCES WON'T COVER IT BUT YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YOU GOTTA DO.

Kristipher | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/31/2012
Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
1/19/2012

treated for migraines

Sweetthing261 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/10/2011
Condition: Pain

Was given this via IV in Emergency Room for a kidney stone and this still has be loopy two hrs later and pain free

Anonymous |