I have suffered severe migraines for almost 30 years now, and, combined with several cervical disk "breakdowns", I was in excruciating agony all of the time - as most anyone reading this will know, your pain becomes your life. With this drug, I finally have my life back. It's not the most pleasant thing to do (self-injections), but it is well worth it! I have found that Nubain is THE ONLY pain rel...

my baby died and this could be a cause. Please read everything carefully before getting this during your labor.

Anonymous | 75 or over | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
6/9/2014
Condition: Pain

no problems at all and did exactly what i expected. took away my pain!

sbouldrey | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/29/2014

delirious, sleepy,

Marley | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
4/5/2014
Condition: Pain

It is the only medicine that helps with my migraines but haven't been able to get it for about a year.

teepee | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
11/27/2013

I receive this medication when my normal migrane medications don't work. I receive Botox injections for migranes every three months, Maxalt as needed, and phenegran for nausea along with the headaches. I go to my urgent care office or if the headache is REALLY bad, and my other migrane medications fail to rid the headache. I will go to the ER and receive IV fluids and nubaine and phenegran at the same time. It works very well for me, 10mg of Nubaine and 25 to 50mg of phenegran injection. I just wish that I would be able to have a RX for home injections when my other migrane meds fail. It really is a pain and expensive to have to go to the Urgent care or ER for treatment.

steelersfan | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
9/23/2013
Condition: Pain

Nubain with Phenergan is the only meds that work for my cluster/migraine headches. Unfortunately, doctors in my area don't believe in giving Rx for this- some hang-up on it being injected. I must go to hospital to get it. For those of you who have experienced shortage of this drug, I'm told it's all about money. Because of newer laws on pain meds, Nubain has become unprofitable to manufacture. Thus the drug companies don't want to or won't make it. I had seen several short outages from 2005-2010. From 2011 on it's been very hard to find in stock. Like any drug there will be some people who can't take it- side effects will be too intense. But for those of us it helps, it is a wonderful drug as it relieves pain quickly and allows you to continue on without a drug fog.