my miracle drug! I have Hiatal Hernia with Reflux Esophagitis, I've tried pretty much everything else and only get temporary relief + diahrea, but with one 30mg Lansoprazole capsule every morning I have no symtoms at all, and I eat whatever I want with no ill effects. my stomach feels 18 again !

I've been using Prevacid for over 15 yrs and never had an issue. With change of insurance Previcid now cost me $180 for three month thru Welldyn. Btw, which is a horrible company to deal with. After using lansoprazole oral for a month. I'm gassy, bloated and uncomfortable all day. Plus the medicine is less effective than the name brand Previcid.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/30/2021

Diagnosed with mycarditis, have been taking for about a week 1 dose. I’ve increased now to 2 doses, however after 2 days initially taking this medication I’ve had awful stomach pain, severe diarrhoea, loss of appetite. Cannot eat anything but plain bread, plain chicken, rice, banana. Stil this will cause problems but this medication was not worth the side effects.

Sudha | 75 or over | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/25/2021

After ablation this was given as precautionary medicine 30 mg empty stomach. Within two days I got severe diaria but just water comes out. Feel sick and weak. No appetite. I did not know what to do. Have called my doctor after 7 days. Will stop it. Very drastic effect.

Phoebe | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/26/2021
Condition: Indigestion

My doctor has been trying to find out what has been causing my excessive indigestion and belching, nausea and loose bowels (no luck so far). I have been put on Lansoprazole again for now x2 a day. It’s been helping a bit with the indigestion but is now causing severe nausea and diarrhoea. Just doesn’t feel worth taking with these side effects

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
9/30/2017
Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/16/2016
Condition: Condition in which Stomach Acid is Pushed Into the Esophagus

This medicine worked for about 6 weeks and then my acid reflux came back even harder. Don't understand.

MFD | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/9/2016
Condition: Condition in which Stomach Acid is Pushed Into the Esophagus

cured the severe acid reflux but within 2 weeks of use I started suffering very severe diarrhea, up to 5 times a day. The GP insisted that it wasn't the medication and tested me from Crohns, gluten allergies all with negative outcome. Eventually I took myself off the medication and the diarrhea stopped. Now on Pantoprazole with no problems 3 months in.

ARZ | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
5/30/2015
Condition: Heartburn

I got projectile diarrhea from this drug and my stomach had cramps which made me double over. This lasted so long I thought I would die. I read an extra sheet the pharmacist included in my last refill and it says not to take for more than 2 weeks- ever. What are our doctors doing to us. I stopped it last week. No belly pain, no bloating, no diarrhea. We must stop this drug from being given. Don 't docs read literature. It's time to take over and shut this down. Don't start to take it, stop taking it. All I have now is a little heartburn which I want my Zantac back. Contact your doc or get a different one. Read More Read Less

Murphtunes | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
5/15/2015
Condition: Condition in which Stomach Acid is Pushed Into the Esophagus

Main treatment for my Barrett's esophagus. I take 30 MG twice a day for three years and have only had a couple short episodes of reflux. Whereas prior I was sleeping siting up in a recliner and unable to eat many of the same foods as my family. Some impact on regularity and stool consistency, but relative to the benefits I'm quite pleased.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/1/2015

Mumma | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
9/17/2014
Condition: Condition in which Stomach Acid is Pushed Into the Esophagus

Acid reflux has decreased with this and the use of Ranitidine at bedtime.

drmoazzam | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
8/23/2014
Condition: Conditions of Excess Stomach Acid Secretion
Anonymous | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
7/8/2014
Bookie515 | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/16/2014
Condition: Excessive Production of Stomach Acid

For years was taking prescription Prevacid then went generic Prevacid pink/purple Lansoprazole capsule and still had great results. My first 30 days of using this pink Mylan generic crap and I have to take it twice a day to keep from having acid reflux.

dankimnc | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/29/2013
Condition: Condition in which Stomach Acid is Pushed Into the Esophagus

I was given this generic form of Prevacid 30mg, does not work. Previously was on generic Mylan 8030, not a problem for years!!! Within a couple of days taking this Sandoz Pharm. pill, I'm miserable with reflux, nausea, burning in chest and stomach, gas, burping. I'am contacting my mail order pharmacy (Caremark) tomorrow to discuss getting something else that has worked. Very disappointed and not happy with this Sandoz Pharm., generic version of 30 Prevacid Delayed Release.

astec | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/31/2013
Condition: Condition in which Stomach Acid is Pushed Into the Esophagus

this treatment works for me

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
5/6/2013
Condition: Condition in which Stomach Acid is Pushed Into the Esophagus

This med has worked as well as the Prevacid that my insurance company no longer covers. I received a special allowance for coverage by participating in a study. I do not have any of the listed side effects. I am concerned about my long term usage. I have been on a proton pump inhibitor now for 6 years. Nexium almost killed me. I will be checking my bone density soon. Magnesium levels have been fine, but I do take a multivite regularly. Never changed my diet, occasional drink, no break-through. I am on 30 mg daily, take it in the morning with my coffee. My esophagus healed with little to no scarring. Due for another scoping, and researching the magnetic bead ring for permanent, medicine free relief.Read More Read Less

Deb | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/19/2013
Condition: Heartburn

Dr just changed me from dexilant to this, not too happy with the results

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | Patient
3/5/2013

Has worked for me.

suki | 75 or over | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/21/2013
Condition: Condition in which Stomach Acid is Pushed Into the Esophagus

It affected my bowels , they literally turned to water,

belle | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/19/2012

I cannot eat after lunch time without being sick,no matter how little or large the meal.Being treated with this in case my cough is caused by acid. So, every time i cough now I feel like i am going to be sick. I feel worse than before when all I had was a cough! I have lost more weight because of this drug than a calorie counting diet over 4 months!