my miracle drug! I have Hiatal Hernia with Reflux Esophagitis, I've tried pretty much everything else and only get temporary relief + diahrea, but with one 30mg Lansoprazole capsule every morning I have no symtoms at all, and I eat whatever I want with no ill effects. my stomach feels 18 again !

I've been using Prevacid for over 15 yrs and never had an issue. With change of insurance Previcid now cost me $180 for three month thru Welldyn. Btw, which is a horrible company to deal with. After using lansoprazole oral for a month. I'm gassy, bloated and uncomfortable all day. Plus the medicine is less effective than the name brand Previcid.

Phoebe | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/26/2021
Condition: Indigestion

My doctor has been trying to find out what has been causing my excessive indigestion and belching, nausea and loose bowels (no luck so far). I have been put on Lansoprazole again for now x2 a day. It’s been helping a bit with the indigestion but is now causing severe nausea and diarrhoea. Just doesn’t feel worth taking with these side effects

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
9/30/2017
Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/16/2016
Condition: Condition in which Stomach Acid is Pushed Into the Esophagus

This medicine worked for about 6 weeks and then my acid reflux came back even harder. Don't understand.

MFD | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/9/2016
Condition: Condition in which Stomach Acid is Pushed Into the Esophagus

cured the severe acid reflux but within 2 weeks of use I started suffering very severe diarrhea, up to 5 times a day. The GP insisted that it wasn't the medication and tested me from Crohns, gluten allergies all with negative outcome. Eventually I took myself off the medication and the diarrhea stopped. Now on Pantoprazole with no problems 3 months in.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
11/16/2015
Condition: Heartburn

I thought it was my imagination that this med was not as effective as Prevacid which I had used in the past w/ very good results. I have been thinking that my condition has worsened due to continuing (but generally less) acid reflux. After reading the other reviews I see that I am not alone! After taking it for a month or perhaps a bit longer, I started to notice gradually increasing abdominal and lower abdominal discomfort. I'm even noticing other symptoms appearing that may or may not be related. Significant pain to the left side of my chest which I have not experienced before or that I would not associate w/ heartburn. Only present when sitting/driving. Keeping track closely. The new pain seems to literally always disappear when changing to standing and really never occurring while I'm doing moving around duties. It's not that I'm just distracted while moving around-it's too obvious when present! Seems clearly to be probably from a pushing up from the lower organs even if I'm not feeling bloated or over full. (I won't necessarily have eaten at all.) Will be seeing my Dr. in the next few days re the onset of the new chest pain-which I will say again is not necessarily related to this med-but seems a bit curious. Will be sharing the other results as well given that they appear to be very likely connected to this med. (My lansoprazole comes from NATCO PHARMA LTD in India per the bottle & has been supplied by CareMark.) I'm troubled by the continuing push to sell us on generic drugs being described as pharmacologically equivalent to their name brand counterparts when clearly they aren't. This set of reviews seem to support that. Another reference link if you're interested: https://fortune.com/2013/01/10/are-generics-really-the-same-as-branded-drugs/