I WAS SUFFERING FROM EDEMA TO THE POINT I JOINED A HOSPICE JULY 2007 AND NOT EXPECTED TO SURVIVE.AMILORIDE WITH LASIX {WHICH BY ITSELF WAS INEFFECTIVE)BROUGHT MY WEIGHT DOWN FROM 200LB TO ITS PRESENT 176 LB, MY BREATHING HAS IMPROVED DRAMATICLY I OWE MY LIFE TO A FINE "HOSPICE" DOCTOR WHO HAD THE BRAINS AND EXPERIENCE TO PUT ME ON AMILORIDE, WHEN A HOST OF OTHERS DID NOT.

I have only taken this med for about a week and I just thought I would see a more noticeable difference. I don't think I am urinating as much as I should be being that this is a durietic.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
4/29/2014
Condition: Prevention of Low Potassium in the Blood

Actual reason for taking was to lower blood pressure without reducing potassium.

fred | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/8/2014
Condition: Visible Water Retention

i have just started treatment for my edema ,,illkeep you up with my hopeful progress

Knuckles | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
7/30/2013

This medication was responsible for the death of my husband after only 3 days on it

DJhere | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/5/2010
Condition: Visible Water Retention

I was put on this medication & an antibiotic for severe pitted edema . The fluid started going down slowly . It did go down some but a few days after the antibiotic dosage was completed the fluid started building back up again. It was totally ineffective with my high blood pressure. It reamaind high . I am going to go back to the Dr. tomorrow morning after 5 weeks to see what she will try.

[email protected] | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/1/2009