I broke out with a rash after starting this medacation,is this normal?

Bill | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/4/2021
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I have been taking Amlodipine-Benazepril 10-20 mg for about 4 months. It has worked well for controlling my blood pressure. I am having one nuance side effect. My Bowel movement have changed from well formed to mushy and sticky. I have also experience a great uptick in gas. BM's which were usually once or twice a day have changed to 3-4 times a day.

Karen | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/14/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Made me start urinating every 10 mins 24/7. Made me very tired. Made me feel like I had the flu. Not good for me at all.

chatycat | 65-74 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
3/30/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I take 5mg. once a day for high BP with other BP pills it has cause swelling in ankles, feet,hands and upper body,also weight gain!

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
9/18/2018

Knee pain, leg pain, breathless, tired all the time. Quit taking and feel great. All pain is gone and no longer out of breath climbing stairs. It was poison!

LEIGH | 75 or over | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/16/2018
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I NORMALLY TAKE AVAPRO FOR MY HBP BUT SUDDENLY I WAS GETTING HIGH READINGS AND HAVING STRONG DIZZINESS SO THE DR GAVE ME THIS NEW MED TO TAKE AT BEDTIME. SHE SAID IT WOULD HELP ME SLEEP AND LOWER BP IT DID NOT I Wwas AWAKE ALL NIGHT AND READING THIS AM WAS ONLY A LITTLE LOWER. I WILL CALL PA NOwW WILL NOT USE AGASIN I NEED MY SLEEP

GW | 45-54 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
11/6/2017
Condition: High Blood Pressure

My high blood pressure has dropped significantly although I do feel tired a lot since being on this medication and after about 2-3 months my erections have really suffered. I've lost about 2 inches on my boner and I am no longer stiff as a board. It also takes a lot more for me to get an erection when normally I look at my wife and I'm standing at attention. This is very disappointing to me as I am still very sexually active. My wife says she doesn't notice a difference but I sure do.

charlotte | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/20/2017
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Blood Pressure was not responding to my old medications and we switched to this combo. Blood pressure was down from 160 to 115-120 in a matter to days. Blood pressure is right where we wanted it to be for my age. Very pleased with the results.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/8/2017
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Have been on meds for hypertension for over 40 years. have taken many kinds. Was on amlodipine alone and no longer worked; went to higher dose but had lots of swelling on my feet. Switched to this and blood pressure dropped, no more swelling. No diuretic needed any more. Awesome!

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/20/2017
karen | 75 or over | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
2/11/2017
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Been on drug since 1992 (25 Yrs.). Very satisfied. Works perfectly for me.

bloodork | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/12/2017

Blood pressure went down literally overnight from 170 to 120

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
9/1/2016
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Worked well on the blood pressure, but have painful swelling in ankles and feet.

Anonymous | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
6/17/2016
TerryMJ | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/23/2016
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Was prescribed for extreme high BP, after a week on it, my BP has lowered dramatically , however i have tge dry cough that is making it nearly impossible to sleep at night, no dizziness or swelling.

bev | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/11/2016
Condition: High Blood Pressure

feel a little light headed after taking it but i lay down it goes away make sure you eat with it it helps

starshipraleigh | 65-74 | Female | Patient
11/7/2015
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I took 5 mg at night. Within two days I was feeling "off", not dizzy, but not totally together. The longer I was on it the worse the symptoms got. I had to pay attention to where I was placing my feet or I would get off kilter (indoors on flat floors), be careful going down stairs. I would bump into walls. My gain widened for balance. I was vaguely nauseous. I finally had to tell my doctor I needed to stop taking it when I was coming up concrete porch steps and lost my balance luckily grabbing the railing and not falling backwards. As for my Blood Pressure it was great! But I wasn't willing to risk a fractured hip or skull.Read More Read Less

M.ASLAM KHOKHAR | 65-74 | Male | Patient
11/14/2014
Condition: High Blood Pressure

BY USING amlodipine besilate (lodopine 10 mg) swalloing on lower parts legs (pindli) has occured. pl advise. Regards

Amlodipine | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient

this is poison to you

CountryRefuge | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/9/2014
Condition: High Blood Pressure

My systolic was jumping over 200 while on daily doses of Lisinopril HTC 20/25, Linsinopril 20mg and Atenolol 25 mg. My Dr. added Amlodipine 10 mg. I hated the way it made me feel from the beginning, but at about the 8-week mark I told my Dr. that it was exacerbating almost every Fibromyalgia symptom I had. Given it was a time of year when the weather was tough with fibro, we agreed I'd stay on it longer. Around 4 months I began to notice some edema in my ankle. At 5 months I developed so much pain in my hands that I virtually couldn't use them. My rheumatologist and family doctor consulted back and forth for a month--meanwhile my BP had still been running high 170's/90's. Finally the Amlodipine was reduced by half. After 1 week on the reduced dose, I was not having any reduction of the pain in my hands, so I called my doctor and told her that I refused to take the Amlodopine any longer. After another 10 days off it, my hands were still very painful. At the present time, I am on prednisone, but have not been able to taper that out to the lowest dose before discontinuing it. To be clear: For me, the Amlodipine caused a build-up of fluid in every joint of my hands and wrists; that felt like my hands were going to explode. The visible edema was not significant, but that wasn't what every joint was telling me. I hope that my experience is very uncommon, and not applicable to you! Read More Read Less