I have trouble falling asleep every night, just toss & turn all night with a million thoughts going around in my head. Talked to my doctor and told him I was using Unisom gel caps. He said they are as good as any Rx med and non-habit forming. It does take about 45 mins until I'm sleepy, so I take it at least a 1/2 hr or so before bedtime. No fogginess in the morning and stay asleep. So I'd say...

kate | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/25/2021
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

when you read others experiences that focus on next day hangover, don't discount it. I find after I take a gel cap I have a hangover that lasts around 12 hrs after took the pill. However, I don't know exactly how long because...BOOM...before I have time say "yawn" I'm asleep. Some people may feel it's a high price to pay for a goods nights sleep, but those of us who missed a good nights sleep for night after night, I'll take a hangover for 8 hours of shut eye.

Sarahtx512 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/2/2020
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I ended up taking two 50mg sleepgels about half an hour apart, and within an hour I was very pleased to feel myself drifting off. Normally I wake around 5-8 times a night but with unisom I only woke about 1-2 times and fell back asleep quickly. It actually worked!! Way less side effects than prescription sleep aids.

Tigz | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/24/2017
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Causes me to suffer from RLS. diphenhydramine HCl is well known for triggering RLS in some people, yet they didn't put this warning on the packaging. Actually my husband picked it up for me and I thought it was the regular original Unisom (doxylamine succinate). So I ended up with a completely sleepless night because I couldn't get my legs to calm down. They REALLY need to put this information on the patient information sheet. It took me months to figure out that Benadryl (the same active ingredient) was what was causing the RLS symptoms (I don't have RLS at any other time than when I take these meds)

marklvnv | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
9/14/2017
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I used to take prescription sleep medication until I found Unisom gels tablets. They work so much better than any other over the counter sleep aids.

VMTZ70 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
7/27/2015
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I have trouble sleeping every night, doctor recommended unisom, even while i was pregnant, I can say it's help me sleep 6-8 hours straight without any next day side effects. Highly recommend.