I suffered from cluster migraines since the age of 17. I'm now 48. Since 17, I tried everything- Caffergot, Midrin, Fioricet along with practically every OTC known to man! All with little or no effect. The downside is that I suffered for years- until Imitrex came along. I remember the first dose I took of it, sent me into a tailspin, but as I adjusted to the side-effects, it was clear I had FINALL...

horrible side effect. Imitrex is awful and terribly expensive.

Lbutt91 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
6/21/2020
Condition: Migraine Headache

This is the only medication that has ever worked for my migraines since day one! My only real side effect is a little drowsiness and thats it...I finally found relief!!

phylrob | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
2/3/2020
Condition: Migraine Headache

I have tried other drugs. This one works ...now my drug plan doesn't cover it.

David B | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
9/6/2019
Condition: Migraine Headache

I'm a male who has had migraines for 34 years now. I was diagnosed at 14 and am 48 now. At this point, I'm lucky enough to only have a migraine about once every few months. My doctor prescribed Imitrex about two years ago and I hate it. I took Midrin for years until it was virtually impossible to find. With Midrin, I would take it whenever I thought I was getting one. With Imitrex, I have to be absolutely sure because the side effects of nausea and pop rocks feeling in my head is just horrible. And, while it could be that my migraines have changed, it seems that, while not as bad, they last for days now if I take the Imitrex. It's like I'm just suppressing it. Sometimes I have to really question if I want to endure the Imitrex or just go through 5-6 hours of horrible pain and vomiting instead. Everyone I know with migraines has sworn off Imitrex saying it made them feel worse and I'll be asking my doctor for a different drug on my next visit. I'm on day three of a migraine currently. I took the Imitrex on the first day but, again, feel it's just prolonging it at this point.

KyLa | 55-64 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
5/28/2019
Condition: Migraine Headache

This has been a life saver for me! Iâ??ve had migraines for as long as I can remember! They last anywhere for 4-7 days. I no longer have to suffer at work, no light sensitivity, no nausea, best of all no pain. Yes there are some side effects, but nothing horrendous. I take a generic (sumatriptan) It is a true life changer for me!

Ladyg | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/6/2019
Condition: Migraine Headache

I have had migraine headaches regularly for many years. I used to take other things and excedrin migraine. Excedrin is no longer working so I was given Imitrex 100mg today. Within 30 minutes I had severe neck and shoulder pain, exhausted, dizzy, tingling in my limbs that went to not feeling anything in my body. I had chest pressure and my headache was still there. I made my self throw up to try and get any medicine out of my body, took a shower, drank lots of water and within 2 hours I was feeling a little better. Still have headache and some neck pressure. I will never take this medicine again.