I've been taking Methazolamid for several years and I know that w/o my eye pressure would be a lot worse, like it used to be before, with only eye drops Cosopt, Alphagan, Lumingan. Unfortunately, the big side effect to this medication is that I feel very sleepy, very tired to the point that I don't have energy to do finish what I'm doing many times.

bigrandgg | 75 or over | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/17/2020
Condition: High Eye Pressure or Glaucoma that May Worsen without Treatment

I am curious to read of other patients use and side effects. I could not continue and wait for symptoms to get better so the effect of this RX has not been evaluated properly by me. Made me sick for 3 days in bed sleepy dizzy head

Deb | 55-64 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
9/11/2018
Condition: Wide-Angle Glaucoma

Anorexia and changes in taste has been my most frequent side effect that I have experienced, resulting in unplanned weight loss.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
4/18/2018
Condition: High Eye Pressure or Glaucoma that May Worsen without Treatment

My doctor prescribed me this medication after i developed strong side affects on Acetazolamide 500 mg.. This little pill, Methazolamide 50mg worked quickly to lower my eye pressure down. I did have slight dizziness and tiredness first few days, but if you take pill at bedtime and with food - its easy to control. Methazolamide is a diuretic and removes important electrolytes from your body. I had to take multivitamins, eat bananas and drink Powerade to keep my muscles and bones healthy. I had experienced muscle cramps in the beginning, so its very important to replenish nutrients.. The worst side affect that I still have after taking this drug for 7 months is ringing in my ears, its still going after I stopped taking pills 2 months ago.. I'm afraid it turned into tennitus...

Anonymous | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/11/2016
Condition: Increased Eye Pressure caused by Another Disease

After beginning this drug, my hands began to tingle and I had ringing in my ears. After just a few days I began to have horrible headaches. I returned to the doctors office and told him I was having too many side effects. If fell on deaf ears. I thought maybe after taking this medication I would become adjusted and my side effects would lessen. No such luck. Began feeling depressed and continued with awful headaches. I decided to split the pill in half and began taking it that way. Headaches have lessened but am going to review this with the doctor next week. I want off of this stuff.

old biker | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/18/2015
Condition: High Eye Pressure or Glaucoma that May Worsen without Treatment

lowered pressure after only one weeks use. I do notice that I get a bit tired after taking and tend to fall asleep in front of the tv, but it's much better than losing my vision. I already lost vision before starting this. Easy to use and works with minimal side effects.