I have been taking 2 naproxen twice a day for a couple of years with very good pain relief. Cardiologist now recommends I stop or alternate with Tylenol. Two weeks in and I am miserable . 67 years old, female, retired nurse. Kidney and hepatic tests are normal. I'm going back to what works.

I have taken this drug at different times for different types of pain. I can't take ibuprofen anymore because it is very hard on my stomach. Tylenol type pain relievers don't help me much so I have tried the naproxen. It is pretty effective at relieving moderate pain and reducing more heavy pain. Each time that I've had to take it for more than one day I get heart palpitations that get worse an...

Frank | 75 or over | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
3/19/2019
Condition: Mild Pain associated with Arthritis

Have used daily for over 3 years, increased dosage in cold months with good effect now am decreasing dosage as gastric reflux has increased. Have noted slight tinnitus for the first time. Recent physical reveals no serious problem, but I do not want to risk other side effects. If warmer months allow I will stop use. If pain returns I will consult my primary physician, possibly try steroid injections.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/21/2018
Condition: Muscle Pain

I have been taking this medication for 4 months for my RLS and my back pain and it has helped me out alot and relieved my pain and I'm very happy with it.

Activetraveler | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
8/30/2018
Condition: Pain

Aleve does not work for me, but unexpectedly Benedryl & similar allergy meds help greatly to reduce my lower back pain! I have tight glut, piriformis & hamstring muscles on left side. NSAIDS have never helped. "Allergy" meds seems to calm the involved nerves. Happy to have discovered this! I take just 1/2 caplet at bedtime, and if needed same mid-day, and I keep on moving!

8/30/2018
Condition: Muscle Pain

Aleve has never worked for me, but unexpectedly Benedryl and allergy meds (chlorpheniramine maleate + phenylephrine HCL, for ex.) help greatly to reduce my lower back pain! I have tight glut, piriformis & hamstring muscles on left side. NSAIDS have never helped. "Allergy" meds seem to calm the involved nerves. Happy to have discovered this & wanted to share. I take just 1/2 caplet at bedtime, and if needed same mid-day, and I keep on moving!

RAMBO70 | 35-44 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
11/25/2017
Condition: Muscle Pain

If I'm sore 1 tablet will usually take care of it. When I have a lot of pain. I take 2. It works for me .