BP running consistantly at least 150/100, hot flashes (perimenapause), SOB, nervous, heart palpitations interfering with sleep, Hyper or exhausted, no in-between. Was placed on two different anti-depressants and HCTZ, had allergic reactions to all. Smart physician suggested clonidine and I now have BP of 120/80 or lower, no more palpatations, hot flashes greatly decreased, and I'am able to relax. ...

CO | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
6/22/2021
Condition: Symptoms from Stopping Treatment with Opioid Drugs

My husband was on this for withdrawal and also high blood pressure. He would fall asleep mid sentence, eyes rolling back. It really freaked me out. One night he was confused and blood pressure dropped too low. He had vivid frightening Night terrors. Perhaps this drug helped him initially but as he recovered and no longer needed it for withdrawal, it only started to make his situation worse.

AL24 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
6/5/2021
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I was taking it as an emaergency med for my spiking BP I alsoTake Irbesartan (Avapro generic) 150 2 x daily I have dropped the Amalodopine and stated taking .1 clonodine in the eve daily I feel better It also helps me sleep and My cardiologist siad it was ok. .2 ha a much greater affect and I willonly take that in a BP emergency to lower my extremely high spikes (which no doctirs can figure out)

Jill | 55-64 | Other | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
5/29/2021
Condition: Extremely High Blood Pressure

Anybody that takes this drug has something wrong with them.

OK Momma | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/2/2020
Condition: High Blood Pressure

wow, this is an absolutely terrible medication. Or should I call it poison? If you like severe blurred vision then this medication is for you. If you like having your blood pressure spiked and barely dropped your normal level, this medication is for you. If you’d like not being and able to take a crap, This medication is for you. This medication is pure poison for your body.

PatriciaAnne | 75 or over | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/20/2020
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Clonidine made me very ill and my blood pressure went up instead of down. I took it for three weeks. It was addictive and hard to quit. My side effects were dreadful. My hair got thin and felt like straw. I had a terrible taste in my mouth and I had insomnia. I also got vertigo. I have never experienced this before and it scared me to death. I was exhausted all the time. My side effects are almost gone now but it was a very scary experience.