Been on Imiquimod 5% cream for BCC on face fwd of LH ear for a little over 1 wk. Following prescription schedule of 5 days on, off Sat Sun. Will continue for another 5 weeks. Apply nightly with Q-tip. Area is slightly swollen, redness, slight pain, itching, scabbing, tender to touch, and looks horrible. Must be working as planned, effects match expectations.

Imiquimod is simply the generic/scientific name for the brand name Aldara, so all of the Aldara reviews work for Imiquimod. My dermatologist prescribed this cream to apply for 8 hrs/day, 4-5 days/wk, in conjunction w/ monthly freezings of a very large wart on the ball of my left foot near my toes. The location and size of the wart, plus having multiple, severe spinal injuries, made it nearly imp...

Tyler1811 | 19-24 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/11/2021
Condition: External Genital Warts

I have used this for a wart that wouldn't go away with liquid nitrogen on my finger for a few months. First few weeks had almost no change in condition. However, after around a month, the skin became extremely inflamed, scabbed, bled, burned, and itched for three weeks. Extremely painful to touch and tender. However, I imagine that is just the cream doing its job. No flu like symptoms at all like other people reported.

Unknown | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/15/2021
Condition: Superficial Basal Cell Carcinoma of the Skin

My doc said twice a day. I have oozing boldly sores from the base of my nose into my lip. It created sores on my lower lip and inside my mouth. I have felt exhausted. The site burns horribly. I’ve been on it three weeks, but need some healing now. If it killed the cancer it was worth it. But unless the area is biopsied...who knows? I don’t know how to measure effectiveness.

Reggie | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
1/26/2021
Condition: Roughened Red Patches of Skin due to Sun Exposure

This medication is very effective for me. That being said, Iâ??ve experienced low back pain, nasal congestion, flu like symptoms and severe fatigue. My skin gets very red with a rash before sores develop that weep and ooze. The painful skin is bad but the severe itching is really hard to handle. I will say that once the treatment is finished, after many weeks the redness goes away. My skin is left soft and clear. I have treated the back of my neck, my chest area, my face and ears. AKs can surface after treatment as did with me, so you will have to treat the area again to get rid of them

Al | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/24/2020
Condition: External Genital Warts

This med seems to be working as the warts are getting smaller. The side effects are not so much fun; slight burning but the flu like symptoms are pretty bad. I'll be glad when the prescription has done it's work.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient