preterm labor history back pain is unbearable and still having contractions i am 22 weeks now and have had only 5 shots ask if any other method first i would not recommend to anyone plus studies are contradicting plus going to dr every week is inconvenient

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/15/2013
Condition: Risk Reduction for Recurrent Preterm Birth
bee113 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/1/2011

Riss | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/5/2010

My Dr. prescribed this to me to help prevent pre-term labor since I am at high risk. I have to take one shot in the hip every week up to 36 weeks!

JThompson | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/3/2009

I have been on this medication since the 14th week of my pregnancy (now at 31 weeks) in combination of a cerclage at 20 weeks and bedrest since that time my pregnancy has progressed without any further complications. The weekly shots have become progressively more painful. I have back pain, and a general achiness that lasts for at least 3 or 4 days after the shot at this point. It is worth it considering the outcome will be a healthier baby.

Precious | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/16/2008

I had great success with this medication. My first son was born at 30 weeks weighing 4 lbs. and we spent 6 weeks in the NICU. I started these injections at 16 weeks for 20 weeks. Last injection was at 36 weeks. I delivered a healthy 7 lb. boy at 37 weeks exactly 1 week after finishing the injections. Yes, the further you get along the do hurt due to the scar tissue build up. I had the nurse that gave it to me give it to me in my high hip area, we would just alternate sides. I used Melaluca Painatrate cream for the next couple days after the injection for the backache. My insurance would not pay for it, but it was much better than another NICU bill.Read More Read Less

Hfrick | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/29/2008

The shot definately hurts because it is given right into the muscle but after a couple of days it wears off. I have been given this shot for 2 out of my 3 pregnancies and so far so good. I am currently at 29 weeks. My last pregnancy lasted to week 36. It definately works but have noticed some back pain. Also noticed a lot of cramping comes right before I am supposed to have my next injection.

CMGRZADZ | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/11/2008

I have used this in the past to prevent preterm labor and it worked great! I maintained that pregnancy (2nd) until 36 wks. I am taking it again to prevent PTL, and it is working great again. I do get migraines, and increased back pain from it but it is worth it to have a healthy baby! Highly recommend to do you research and take it!

wendy | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/23/2008
Condition: Female Hormone Disturbance

i am useing this drug to prevent preterm labor. i have not went into labor but have been haveing contraction since i was 4 months. the dr. has me on bedrest but it is a big struggleto sleep and i am in pain nightly with my back pains until i can't even roll over.

moki_mi22 | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/14/2008
Condition: Female Hormone Disturbance

I have been getting the shot for 7wks now and I think it has been working well for me. I am 23wks and my pregnancy seems to be going well.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/24/2008

I am using this for PTL - the more shots I get it seems like the more it hurts - My nurse said that is due to the build up of scar tissue. It is doing its job and keeping me pregnant so far - so I guess it is worth it.

Anonymous |
1/18/2008

using this med for preterm labor, hurts like heck after injection. site swollen and warm to the touch. very itchy. very hard to draw up and inject it is so thick.hurts for atleast 2 days after injection.but, did stop preterm labor so far. (26weeks)