Tried Claritin and Allegra. Neither worked. Zyrtec works great, although I have found that the generic doesn't work as well.

My son has had seasonal runny nose almost his whole life. He is now 7. Finally after all this time he was written a RX for Singulair. I had to get samples cause my insurance was fighting not to pay. The nurse suggested Zyrtec. How do I explain to someone that thinks she knows it all that I have given him this and it DOES NOTHING. I hope we get some relief from Singulair and the insurance will coop...

Southern | 75 or over | Male |
6/22/2022

Anyone with allergies all you have to do is take raw honey . It's why all people down south have no allergies.. honey contains every known plant on the face of earth in it or that grows iñ your area and kids love it and grow ñatural amenities so no allergies .. a cure we all give kids here in the south..try it a few weeks your cured of all allergies.. but not if you are allergic to man made product.... Also milk straight from a cow does wonders too the cream and all mom pasteurized just make sure you know that it comes from the cow straight to you . Still drink it today from my own cow ... No meds beat nature.. eat a lil dirt I did as a child and I work 16 hrs a day and I'm 91 yeàrs old this past February..Read More Read Less

kapil | 19-24 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
4/12/2022
Condition: Seasonal Runny Nose

Got this med to treat my running nose by a nurse when i was 14, and it worked for that. After the course is completed (5 days) I stopped taking this and my skin started itching in next 2 days. It was really deadly in next few hours and I felt like I'm dying. Now I went to a doc. after three days from my last dose and he prescribed me the same. And just with in a few minutes my body gets back to normal, like nothing ever happened and then I continued it forever. Every time I tried to resist this, it results in something really bad. The thing I did in last 10 years is to reduce the dose. Now I'm taking 5mg in every 52 hrs., mostly before sleeping coz it felt so good in the morning with a complete 8 hrs. of sleep with no Mid-sleep awakenings. It felt like I can't use my brain with full efficiency, if I got a chance anyhow I'll leave it for sure.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/15/2021
Condition: Persistent Hives of Unknown Cause

So, it gave me relief from the itching hell that was hives That being said, I am nauseous. I am cold. I’m getting motion sick from moving around on a wheely office chair. I can barely focus on work I feel so crappy.

Cetirizine | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/29/2021
Condition: Seasonal Runny Nose

This is not a good brand for men because it kills your nature... And the docs will not tell you this.

Zariah | 25-34 | Transgender | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/29/2021
Condition: Hives

Not only does Cetirizine 10mg work wonderfully for my environment allergies & occasional itchy hives, it works AMAZINGLY for my anxiety. I have panic disorder and cetirizine makes me feel calm without feeling drugged like Benadryl or hydroxazine. I take it before bed and I sleep amazing. I also will take it on days where I feel a bit extra anxious or panicky and it relaxes me without knocking me out like my alprazolam. I guess not everyone experiences a sedating effect from Cetirizine but I do and I am very grateful for this medication. Read More Read Less

chai099 | 25-34 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
1/21/2021
Condition: Seasonal Runny Nose

I had sinusitis since I was a kid. Tried this a year ago and absolutely great. I can drink cold water without worrying about my runny nose. But I felt a little drowsy after a time of taking the drugs. Overall recommended.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
5/29/2019

I have c sinusitis- was born with it and received 'shots' for it monthly my first 2 years of life. Have been on oral meds for it for about 50 of my 60+ years of life. sequence of such extensive usage, many medications are not effective for me. This med, provided by my VA doctor at 10mg/tablet. I think this may be = o/c strength. This medicine is very effective when combined with furosemide also from my VA Dr. I am very satisfied with the results. I find the 1/day dose simple to take, especially as I have to take a number of other medications during the day, fewer is better for me. Also, I do not experience any drowsiness from this as I do with other types of antihistamines such as 'Benedryl."Read More Read Less

Hsklar | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/20/2019
Condition: Atopic Dermatitis

Did not work at all. Did not stop itching or redness.

Runt321 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/18/2019

Very effective in reducing the frequency and severity of hot flashes.

kay2 | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/12/2018
Condition: Allergic Conjunctivitis

I suddenly got visibly white puffy bags under both eyes and my eyes became extremely dry as well as my nasal passages.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | Patient
4/30/2018

drowsiness, fast heart beat

Fate | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
11/29/2017
Condition: Non-Seasonal Allergic Runny Nose

This has worked for me, but very occationally i need to take a benadyl to help out. It's very expensive, but I have found a cheap generic that works. The nice part is that it realy does for the most part seem to work for 24 hours.

jstoy | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/28/2017

It doesn't work!

Mike | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/2/2017
Condition: Persistent Hives of Unknown Cause

I've dealt with bouts of hives lasting for months several times in my life. First tried this drug when it was introduced and am glad it's now available OTC. Worked great for me--visible reduction in inflammation with itching and discomfort reduced by 90%. No drowsiness or other troublesome side effects for me. Store brand generics seem to work as well as the original.

Srinu | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
4/3/2017
Condition: Seasonal Runny Nose

It works slowly but causes drowsiness. I still feel tired after 36 hours and have a phlegm problem.

Anonymous | 65-74 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
9/30/2016
Condition: Seasonal Runny Nose

I use this medication (Costco brand) for seasonal allergies. I have chronic dry eye. This medication does not effect my dry eyes. It keeps me from blowing my nose all day and feeling thick in the head. Without it my eyes burn from allergies. This medication works much better for me than loratadine (Claritin). In comparison, Claritin makes me sleepy and makes my eyes dry.

Diggi | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/24/2016
Condition: Seasonal Runny Nose

I really did not notice any improvement after using it for 2 months. I tried over the counter medication that worked better.

bapoo | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
9/20/2016
Condition: Persistent Hives of Unknown Cause

I've tried everything but my Dr.gave me this medicine,my hives went away. I don't know what causes it to come, but without this medicine it keeps coming back.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/19/2016

I got poison ivy! The doc gave me this for the itching I wouldn't have made it without this medicine! I was the best

mandy | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/21/2016
Condition: Inflammation of the Nose due to an Allergy

Had a bad reaction to this medication. My body was trembling along with high temperature, profusely hot sweats and lethargic. Never felt so poorly. Slept for most of the day as felt that weak.