I was diagnosed with BCC on the left side of my nose in the fall of 2007 and underwent surgery. It recurred in 2009 again having surgery with cryosurgery (freezing). By May 2010 it recurred. I was tired of having surgery and I wanted the cancer gone, so I decided to try Aldara. I read the inset that came with it understanding that it is a topical chemotherapy that works with your immune system. I ...

Aldara is a money spinning scam, it's dangerous, most painful and should long have been forbiten.

Dianne | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/26/2019
Condition: Roughened Red Patches of Skin due to Sun Exposure

I just finished my two week n treatment on my facial cheek that v was eraser size and now it's about the size of a dime. It's fire engine red around the dried scab. It's a little sore. I'm hopeful that this treatment will work. I did blue light treatments and it helped a little bit.

CJ Gibson | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/7/2019
Condition: Superficial Basal Cell Carcinoma of the Skin

Following cheek replacement surgery for multiple bccs, my surgeon was loathe to open up eyebrow (again) for remaining bccs so prescribed Aldara. I have psoriasis and had previously declined this treatment due to concerns about my immune response. Did topical treatment on very small area above eyebrow for six weeks, have been sick and somewhat disabled ever since. Not much skin reaction at site, but bad taste in mouth, a few weeks in awful nausea and the â??flu-like symptomsâ?? which sound mild but left me miserable on the couch for weeks. Exercising felt like wading through mud. Back pain worsened after treatment until one morning I couldnâ??t stand upright due to excruciating pain when hip extended. Physio helped and Iâ??m back to slow jogging and yoga but I still have a numb left leg, trouble with stairs, and chronic back pain (itâ??s been a year now, never had any of this preAldara). I definitely donâ??t recommend this, especially if you have autoimmune or similar tendencies.

Huffshoneyb | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/12/2019
Condition: Vulvar Intraepithelial Neoplasia

I am only two weeks in of a 12 week course. (3 times a week) So far I've had numerous side effects. I feel nauseous, tired, hot flashes, changes in my vision, my whole body itches (especially my head which is weird considering the cream goes on my nether regions) and have almost fallen twice in the last week. It makes me so sick. It hurts to urinate, only because the area being treated is red and oozing. I've had to remove my underwear at work because it caused me such pain. If this medication does what it claims, then it will be worth it. I've had one surgery to remove the cancer, and it came back. Hoping this will do it. But only being two weeks in, at the moment I'd prefer surgery. I don't know if I can handle three months of this.

Mickeyfin | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/22/2019
Condition: Roughened Red Patches of Skin due to Sun Exposure

I am an older red head pale skin with actinic keratosis. I have used imiquimod repeatedly over 10 years. I have never had side effects except local, including burning,itching, increased number of lesions and bleeding. I am using it now on my chest for the 4th time. Each time gets better results. I have used it 2 weeks and now need a break. But I will go back to it as soon as the open lesions heal. I have had 2 SCC that required surgery, so I am motivated to treat this AK early. It is the best alternative I have found for a person with hundreds of lesions. My face is entirely clear now, but my chest needs more treatment. I tried to be a sun bunny in my youth, the wrong thing to do.

Lacey29 | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/7/2019
Condition: External Genital Warts

Its been over a month applying aldara to very small warts. Its literally made them all grow and made others appear. Is this my immune system bringing all the warts to the surface or what? This is stupid!!