9yr old son was wetting multiple times nightly...feeling self conscious having to wear pull-ups every night, he has taken this med for 3 months-- and it works wonderfully! He never forgets to take it and feels better about himself!! We will try to taper off in 3 more months per MD's recommendation.... and hopefully he won't need this med any longer....but for now----YEAH!

My 12 yr old son just started this, first week nothing, then night before no bed wetting. Hopeful this will help.

Anonymous | 35-44 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
3/23/2021
Condition: Diabetes Insipidus

I take Desmopressin Acetate all my life, I was born with Diabetes Insipidus. This medication safe my life.

WM1984 | 25-34 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
9/4/2016
Condition: Diabetes Insipidus

I have been on this medication for 24 years. I came back to the united states at the age of 8. The town had very high fluoride levels in the water. In a few weeks I was always thirsty and wetting the bed. A doctor started me on a high dosage of the refrigerated fluid. It was a nightmare as a kid to manage the 3 dosages a day. I would forget and almost wet my pants at school. After college I got a good job and medical insurance so I could afford the tablets. That changed my life. I run marathons, 24 hour adventure races, climb mountains. I am 32 now, over the last few months the symptoms are lessening. I was on 3 pills per day. Down to 1.5 .1mg per day now. On one hand I am thankful for this medication I would not have a life without it. On the other hand, I had been told by a specialist that receiving such a high dosage as a child may have permanently damaged the gland that produces the anti-diuretic hormone. A better course of action would have been to isolate whatever had introduced the disruption from my life. I recommend seeing a specialist before taking large doses. I wonder how my life would have been different if my doctor had been able to find a root cause rather than treating the symptoms.

Anonymous | 65-74 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
8/29/2016
Condition: Diabetes Insipidus

Damaged pituitary in auto accident in 1989 and have been using ever since. Started with spray but needed refrigeration. Take 5 pills per day (2 in am and 3 in pm). Still get some temporary nausea after use. Can't live without it though. Keep eye on electrolytes. Maybe potassium and magnesium supplement. Confirm with physician.

mom of a great kid | 13-18 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Caregiver
10/16/2015
Condition: Bedwetting

My 15 year old frist tried this drug when he was about 9 and had no success at all. We tried again starting at 14 and found it often doesnt work the first night but will the next. We were told it should ONLY be used for sleep overs and not on going or long term. Doctor said it can cause kidney damage and might lose its effectiveness so use only when needed. Yet I see so many here using it always. However, some say its lost its effectiveness.Diabetics take it 203 tines a day! So I"m curious to what the true story is. If it does lose its effectiveness I much prefer he use it now as needed and more once in college if still needed. I wish and hope someone is doing the research to find a cure or long term drug. Did you know the NBA AND NFL contracts ask the question, "Do you wet the bed?' because there is a population of older adults who wet the bed. I wish the stigma could be removed and people saw it for the illness it is, like diabetes. I do not believe its a psychological disorder. In fact, it runs in families.

FibromyalgiaSurvivour | 19-24 | On medication for less than 1 month |
11/29/2014
Condition: Bedwetting

I have recently started desmopressin for bedwetting. I was put on 0.1mg tablets to take one at night which did barely anything, so was put up to 0.2mg per night. The 0.2mg dose seems to work and I have more dry nights than I do wet nights. It was getting ridiculous, I was betwetting about 3-5 times a night, a stop needed to be put to it. This tablet does help, I still get some wet beds but it is actually quite uncommon. Aslong as I reduce my fluid intake in the evening, desmopressin is very likely to work and leave me with a dry night, but if I drink a lot shortly before taking it, it's less likely to work because it doesn't stop urine production, it reduces it, so reducing your fluid intake about 4 hours before taking the tablet will help you get a more-than-likely dry night, aswell as preventing fluid overload and hyponatraemia, which can cause feeling sick, reduced appetite, headache, muscle pain, confusion. Untreated cases can lead to tiredness, disorientation, agitation, psychosis, seizures. If still untreated you can stop breathing and enter a coma, so don't drink for 2 hours before taking it and for up to 8-10 hours after taking it. I have had no side-effects so far and have been on the for one month. Sometimes I get a wet bed but I have found that reducing my fluid intake about 4pm helps, as I can urinate the excess fluid out and then when I have done that about 10:30pm, I take the tablet and go to bed. I recommend it for bedwetting in adults, but if you plan to take it and you are looking at the comments and you see my comment, listen to my advice listed above first, if you see this comment ofcourse.