I have been using Azelex for 2 weeks and I have noticed significant improvement. Fewer pimples have formed, and scars/hyperpigmentation has decreased since using. I've tried many other products that either worsen my skin or dry it out significantly. I have not had that problem with Azelex. It did not burn when I first started using it but on occassion there is slight tinhling. I am pleased wi...

HORRIBLE RESULTS. | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/3/2019
Condition: Acne

TERRIBLE. After struggling with acne, my dermatologist prescribed me Azelex 20%, and advised that i apply it twice a day and to mix it with moisturizer because it tends to dry out skin. After 3 days, it completely ruined my skin. Even after using *so much* moisturizer, it would burn my face and itch. After 2 days i figured i should keep giving it a chance. However on the 3rd day my face was just completely ruined. i woke up and my face was unbelievably DRY. my face formed wrinkles and i looked like an elder. Not to mention, my skin was peeling everywhere. It left dark patches of hyperpigmentation around my mouth, nose, and forehead. I was left with my face in a worse condition than when i started using Azelex. i don't know what to do know, i think it left me with a chemical burn or something of the sort. Now i'm left using homemade remedies to try to salvage all that i can.

Former Pizza Face | 35-44 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
2/2/2019
Condition: Acne

Was prescribed a half-dozen different medicines for acne treatment in my teens and early 20s. Some did not work at all, others worked well but only for a short time. Azelex was like a miracle because it started working within the first two weeks, and has kept working for over 14 years. It did initially redden my skin and cause pretty harsh burning, but that lasted less than six months and has never returned since my body adapted to the medicine. Applying twice a day is annoying, and there are no generics available so the prescription is expensive. Those are my only complaints. This medication has definitely changed my life for the better.

Azelex 20% | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/5/2017
Condition: Acne

When I had put the Azelex on it help. It help's keep the acne away.

yoyo | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
2/11/2014
Condition: Acne

I started using Azelex in July 2013 twice a day and by September my face has cleared 90%. The only thing that is not positive is the price of $260 ! But worth it!

Anonymous | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/29/2013
Condition: Acne

had a severe allergic reaction at first application. Hives and face swelling.