Extremely difficult to take for ALS patients. No coating so pill dissolves in mouth with any level of swallowing difficulty - which all ALS patients have.

JP1 | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/3/2016
Condition: Lou Gehrig's Disease

I have been taking Riluzole for nearly three months now. I began taking it after the fasciculations in my left arm (which began September 2015) caused my hand to become weaker. Not sure it is working but at this point my left arm has become nearly crippled. Today my right arm is almost normal but with a slight weakness in my right hand. It's my driving arm, with the help of a steering knob! Is it the drug that's holding the progression at bay? How can I tell?? Lately i've been having trouble sleeping but could be the pain in my left shoulder... my appetite is nearly nonexistent though I continue eating at my normal times. Doc says alcohol is fine and the last two liver tests came out ok so wine, beer, etc. are still on the menu! Oh, I've also forgotten to take it a total of eight times now!Read More Read Less

Zardoz | 55-64 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
10/22/2016
Condition: Lou Gehrig's Disease

Because every ALS progression is different I don't know if this medication is effective. After 3 years and now totally paralyzed and unable to breath, eat or drink I am stopping the drug.

Ridge rock | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
1/17/2016

rob | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
2/11/2015
Condition: Lou Gehrig's Disease

am more tired and eat less. condition has worsened but still feel medication worth taking. also expensive as insurance doesn't cover it.

James | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/22/2014
Condition: Lou Gehrig's Disease

Sleepy always and increased muscle weekness

Belindacamp | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Caregiver
3/16/2014