I had a tooth extraction, and developed a bacterial infection along with dry socket. I took 300mg capsules 4xday x 6 days. It cleared up the infection quickly. I had no stomach upset, even though I have an old stomach ulcer. I am a nurse, and have seen this drug prescribed many times for various bacterial conditions.. I would recommend it. I personally have many drug allergies, and had no problems...

Prescribed by my dentist before having a root canal retreated due to an abscess. After two days of taking the medication I began experiencing terrible stomach cramps and diarrhea. I called my dentist who advised me to stop taking it immediately. After looking the medicine up online I am shocked I was given it in the first place. I have a very sensitive stomach and am a small person. This medicine ...

brook | 13-18 | Female | Patient
6/26/2021
Condition: infection caused by bacteria

worst experience of my life. i’m a perfectly healthy 16 year old. I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed 2 days ago. there were no complications and my mouth feels great! the issue is the antibiotic they gave me, clindamycin. i’ve been unable to fully breath, talk, walk or swallow since 11:30 yesterday. finally stopped taking it because i couldn’t deal with the pain it caused. i’ve spent the past 48 hours in excruciating pain, screaming for the pain in my chest to stop. I do NOT recommend taking this.

Clindamycin | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/29/2021
Condition: Sinus Irritation and Congestion

I took this for a sinus infection which it cleared up very fast but the side effects came a couple of days later. SEVERE DIARRHEA. At times, I could not even make it to the bathroom. I had mucus in my stool which I've never had before. Dizziness and stomach pain. 4 weeks later I'm still battling DIARRHEA and have to be careful what I eat and when I go out. I've been told the side effects could last up to six months. Take at your own risk

Unhappy camper | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/11/2021

I wish I'd researched the horrible side effects of Clindamycin before taking it. On day 6, I began having mild stomach upset and a bad taste in my mouth that wouldn't go away. I continued the medication hoping the issues would subside. By day ten I had severe abdominal cramping, nausea and bouts of diarrhea every five minutes. I discontinued the Clindamycin and I spent two days in bed googling how to heal myself. I began drinking sugar free ginger ale and cranberry juice and took a turmeric capsules and my symptoms began to ease up a little and I was able to fall asleep for a few hours. My stomach hurts still two days later but I am feeling better. My stomach is bloated and sore and I'm having multiple bm's every day. It feels like permanent damage was done and I'm concerned about that. I wouldn't recommend that anybody take this drug because of all the things I've read that have happened to other people as well. Also, do not take an opiode with this drug. Google and learn the facts before you take any new drug. I will from now on.

ToothlessPat | 25-34 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/26/2021

Severe tooth infection, prescribed 300mg 4x per day, 7 days. I'm only on day 5, but I've had zero side effects (knock on wood after reading these reviews) and didn't eat for the first two days due to tooth pain. I had to have my tooth pulled on day 2, but continued the clindamycin to ensure zero infection remains from the fractured tooth. Other medications I'm taking have included tylenol (3-4,000 mg/day) and I haven't adjusted my diet or water intake (about 80 oz/day). I'll certainly update this review with the same username if this changes!

CARMA | 75 or over | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/7/2021
Condition: infection caused by bacteria

This drug is effective for treatment of tooth infections. I cannot take other antibiotics, so for me, Clindamycin has a low profile of common side effects. The only side effect so far, after taking it for 3 days, is a canker sore in my mouth. Not unbearable, compared to other more serious side effects.It's a good drug if you're allergic to other antibiotics.