I took this drug to prevent pre-term labor. I found it to be very effective in preventing my contractions. I had absolutely no side-effects and my daughter was born perfectly healthy and 4 years later she still is. I was unaware that this drug was not originally intended for that purpose but over-all I think my dr. made a good call putting me on it.

Pegster | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/26/2014

I took this drug for at least 2 months for premature labor. I felt as though I could climb the walls. I felt like I was on speed. I took this with two pregnancies and now both my sons have numerological problems cognizant problems. The problem is: the worst of the problems did not show up until their teens. I was told by my doctors that it would not harm them

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/13/2012

My mom took this drug while pregnant with me. She was on Tributaline for about 5 weeks prior to my birth. When I was born I had tachycardia and had to be put in the NICU. 19 years later, I have issues with hypoglycemia (getting enought glucose to my brain, etc.)My hands are usually shaky, but the hypoglycemia makes it worse. I've gotten to the point that it doesn't really bother me, but sometimes it was embarassing growing up and having shaky hands all the time. In my opinion, this drug should not be taken unless all other options have been exhausted.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/27/2010

I took this medication while pregnant with my second child who is now five. It worked well enough to help me keep contractions at bay for ten weeks and keep her in until 36 weeks. I was dissapointed to read the reveiw saying she would rather risk having her child early than be shaky and have a rapid heartbeat. Let me tell you, my first child was born at 30 weeks. He spent his first four weeks of life in the NICU. He was one of the lucky ones, with little complications. I am here to tell you that taking this med is better than that anyday. My daughter is now five and thriving. I also find it funny how quickly people blame any issue their children have on something their doctor had them take while pregnant. Could genetics ever be to blame??? All in all, this drug is a wonder drug to me!

Crystal_dawnC | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/27/2010

bella | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/6/2010

The Dr. had been given it to me for pre- term contractions. I guess it worked for a while; but it was like they shot me up with a case and a half of energy drinks all at one time. I thought that the my baby and I were going to have a heart attack. I asked all of the Drs.& nurses if there were any bad side affects on the baby, because if I was feeling this way, then the baby would definitly would have to be feeling something crazy. They kept telling me no. 8 yrs. later my childs drs. are telling me differnt. Please do more research before taking it.