I am 44 years old and when a 9 year old child said to me that I was bald, I had to do something. I have been using Rogaine for 3 years and my hair has never look so thick and has never been so long. I will use it for the rest of my life.

how can i use that medicine

Anonymous | 75 or over | Female | Patient
2/23/2020
Condition: Hair Loss

I have used Rogaine for Women 5% for 2 years. I am 79 years old. I get small hairs/fuzz at my temples. My hairdressers encourages me to continue because he believes it will keep me from losing my hair. I think it might help but not much new growth.

Pam | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/6/2019
Condition: Hair Loss

I'm 70 years old, have always had fine but plentiful healthy hair, but my new hairdresser said something about my "thinning" hair.Did not want to take pills or supplements, so I bought the 2% solution and applied it 2x a day, using a q-tip to apply at the crown of my head, maybe 4 " by 6" area. After 4 weeks I could begin to see fine blonde hairs, lots of them, in the area of application. They were about 1/4 in long when I was first able to see them, now about 1/2 in. and continuing to grow, so I'll keep up the applications and see what they develop into after maybe 6 months. No little or new hair growth along my grey hairline, however. Results aren't instant, and I don't know how pictures and testimonials can say anything about noticeable results after just 3 or 4 weeks of use... they must have very fast growing hair. I also applied a light amount to my eyebrows... same thing, now have a few blonde hairs growing in among the regulars. I would never apply to eyelashes, etc. Only complaint: I bought the 3-pack of 2% that had a Rogaine coupon on the box, and could not figure out how to redeem online as required. Seems the R company just wants new customers to subscribe to their online regular deliveries of the product, then maybe they give you a refund. I don't appreciate that kind of customer treatment and duplicity. Other than that, the product worked for me. Try the q-tip for easier application. It helped me with the otherwise messy dripping solution problem.Read More Read Less

Tampa | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
2/3/2019
Condition: Hair Loss

If you are diligent in using it twice a day you will see hair growth, but it slows down after about 12 months. I keep using it because I know it will all fall out if I stop, but it is hard because it makes your hair dirty and I would only have to wash my hair once ecvery three days if I didn't use it.The company has a bogus coupon on the box saying they will pay you a refund of $25 for every two boxes you buy. They will only do it once and then they will never send you another refund. Like they are not making enough money on this product. Read More Read Less

LBCjdc | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/24/2018
Condition: Hair Loss

first of all, you do need to see a dermatologist to find out the reason for your hair loss. My dermatologist diagnosed female pattern hair loss (I am a woman). this is the only type of hair loss minoxidil (Rogaine) is meant to treat. I used The 5% foam for women. The directions say to put half a capful of foam in a container and then transfer it to your scalp.. This is so you get the idea of how much to use. Once you have the idea, you are much better off spraying it directly onto your scalp instead of trying to transfer it from another container. It will melt and you will have a lot of waste. Follow the directions carefully. I have been using it for five months and have seen A dramatic difference! You have to be consistent. The 5% foam is meant to be used once a day every day. If you stop using it, your hair regrowth will go away. Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 55-64 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
9/18/2018
Condition: Hair Loss

Do not use this, used for 9 months and made my hair thin worse and damage my scalp had to go see a dermatologist almost totally bald now.Don't believe the reviews that it works people are paid to say that only reason it's still on the market is because new people are using it and find out what its really like.

Anonymous |
7/23/2018
kiki d. | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
6/11/2018
Condition: Hair Loss

I have hair loss on a patch of hair on the back of my scalp. I have been treating it for over a year with this product. After hundreds of dollars I still have the same patch of hair loss. This product did NOT work for me. Good luck if you plan to try it out.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/31/2018
Condition: Hair Loss

This is a horrible product. Used women’s foam for 2 weeks. Scalp became red, irritated, itchy, small bumps. Called customer service, no help other than go see a dermatologist. Why would I do that, when I know what caused it? Stopped using it for 5 days while scalp healed, started again and 6 days later, same thing. Meanwhile lost a considerable amount of hair, which I doubt I will ever get back, due to “shedding”. Also, whole time I used it, my hair was sticky. Threw it in the trash. Don’t buy it.Read More Read Less

soopy | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
8/11/2017
Condition: Hair Loss

Did as instructed, foam for women unscented, 5%, used less than indicated. Just a couple of dabs, burnt my scalp and forehead. Horrible. Itch. Swollen. Horrible stuff! Just the one use.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
6/25/2015
Condition: Hair Loss

I had thinning hair and shedding and this seemed to help stop it. I've also seen some regrowth, but not as much as I would have liked . People seriously need to learn to read instructions. Rogaine clearly states that for the first 2 to 4 weeks your shedding will INCREASE to clear out the weakened hair follicles to allow healthier ones to grow. Then the shedding will decrease. I had the "dead shed" for about 3 weeks and then my shedding decreased by about 60% from what I would normally get. If your shedding doesn't stop in a month it tells you to stop use. It takes me about 5 minutes to apply on my scalp in the morning and evenings. A bit of a pain, but not too bad.Read More Read Less

Happy Camper | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year |
5/9/2015
Condition: Hair Loss

My hair was getting very thin. I wear bangs and I literally had only spears of hair where bangs used to be. After only three months new hair was growing in. I have pictures of the bang area and it is amazing. It is now nine months and I have a nice full head of hair. I still have thinner hair in a couple of areas on the back of my head but it has filled in enough so it doesn't look "bald"! I am very happy with it and will continue to use it. My dermatologist recommended it.

Rogaine for Women | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/29/2014
Condition: Hair Loss

I cannot believe after using this product for 3 weeks, that nothing more than falling-out hair is occurring. I threw the junk in the waste basket where it belongs. I have lost $60 this month to Rogaine for Women, Nexion for Fine hair and Minoxidil 2%. I am jumping off the Narcissus wagon. Life has more to offer than just looking good.

Guest | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
12/7/2014
Condition: Hair Loss

I have been using it for about three weeks now,my hair has become more thin.I heard first the hair thins out and then after about 4 weeks it starts thickening.I hope that's true.Because I am really upset that I have lost the thickness I had before using this rogaine foam.Though no other side effects.

Seattlesister | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months |
7/4/2014
Condition: Hair Loss

Rogaine should be taken off the market. I had a serious allergic reaction. My face, eyes,ears and neck are all swollen. I thought my throat was going to swell too.It has been 5days since I applied the foam and the swelling is still there. It took about a month for me to react to the minoxidil. Do not take unless you do a strip test. My derm suggested the men's rogaine. It can cause damage.

Anonymous | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
9/16/2013

i love it and i put it on my feet

leesa | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years |
5/5/2012

grannie | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/18/2011
Condition: Hair Loss

notice very fine growth, growth is white hair

l | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/7/2011
Condition: Hair Loss

I thought I was imagining things, but after weeks of a racing heart and anxiety attacks, I decided to come out here to see if others have experienced these things as well. As it turns out, I'm not alone! I stopped using the product yesterday but even as I sit here, my heart is beating quickly and I feel pretty uncomfortable. Can't wait to get this stuff out of my system! I'm a perfectly healthy middle aged woman taking no other medication. Buyer/user beware!

Bomma | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/23/2011

My Doctor recommended Rogaine for women to use on the sides of my head, above the ear. After 4 weeks, and no side effects, I called Rogaine about the dosage, and they asked me to stop usage, since it has not been tested for the sides, only the top of my head. I called my doctor, a reputable dermatologist, and he said to continue using as he instructed,Please let me know if there is any harm in using this product on the sides of head. Thank you

Barbara | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/5/2011
Condition: Hair Loss

Rogaine for Women (4 months of usage) left me with an extreme case of excema and extreme 24/7 itchiness all over my head, causing all over hair loss now! I have to go to the dermatologist to get cortisone shots in my head to grow it back and cure the excema. NOT a great product!