Tried the liquid versions and was not able to tolerate it. Things ok on the pill - drinking some type of cola helps with the stomach upset. Annoying side effects are hair loss and muscle/joint cramps/pain. Also occasional ringing in ears. I think I can survive a year taking it.

Rob | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/28/2020
Condition: Fungal Infection of Toenails

I have just finished my 3 month course of this medication for toenail fungus i didnt notice any side effects my new nail is coming through fine and looks better but theres still discolouring of my nail at the top the medication defonatly stopped it spreading and looks to be working only time will tell now if the nail grows out without it coming back on the fresh nail i have put 4 stars on effectivness and satifaction due to it hasnt fully grown out yet but will update if the fungus comes back

Tim | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/24/2018
Condition: Chronic Fungal Infection of Skin
Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/30/2017
Condition: Fungal Disease of the Nails

Miracle drug. No longer have toenail fungus. Worked better than Lamisil. Finally no more embarrassment.

iria | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/29/2016
Condition: Fungal Infection of Fingernails - Onychomycosis

I have been taking this drug for past 3 months, no side effects, no hair loss, no new healthy nails grows... just nothing. May be too early to say? Or I was given placebo? Never checked my liver too...

Karlen | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/16/2015

Put on this drug after many tests and 3 doctors, one said I had Histo, one said I had Sarcio, finally I went to a lung specialist and they found out I had pnuemonia, now go figure after 3 days in the hospital at a cost of $16, 600.00, and one appointment with a lung specialists of $40 co-pay! Have only been on this drug for 3 weeks.

Anonymous | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/12/2014
Condition: A Fungal Infection - Aspergillosis
sherry | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/31/2014
Condition: Ringworm of Groin Area

Itraconazole is the Sure Cure for persistant FUNGAL iNfections. The only key is RIGHT Dosage . Ask your doctor...If dosage is Inadequate this Drug also doesnt treat the Infections completely...ITs almost Last line of Drugs for Resistant Fungal infections. In Right Dosage its a Miracle medicine.....Gret well

SJones | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/13/2014
Condition: Fungal Infection of Fingernails - Onychomycosis

first off this was NOT covered by Ins, and it's not cheap! My first time, a year ago, I took this I saw a dramatic improvement in only two months. My Dr wanted to wait and let my nails grow out. My results did not continue to improve over this time, it slowly got worse. Now, my second time around, I have only seen a slight improvement at the 2 month mark. After convincing my Dr to let me continue the meds.... we'll see. After reading about this drug I feel that I should've been taking longer than I did the first time.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | Patient
Condition: Infection caused by Coccidioides Fungus
Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/30/2012
Condition: Fungal Infection of Toenails

My toenails have been infected for over 5 years, during which time I tried Lamasil 3 times, once for over a year with little effect. My first three month pulse treatment (one week of tablets twice daily, followed by three weeks of no tablets) cleared all but one big toe. I did not notice any side effects, but I already have a sensitive stomach from minor lactose intolerance. I waited six months before starting another three month pulse treatment.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
3/3/2011

Much nausea,patient has lost 17 pounds

Beth | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/7/2011
Condition: Type of Infection caused by Histoplasmosis Fungus

My Histoplasmosis Fungus was discovered in October 2009. After my almost 3 week hospital stay I was put on Sporanox twice a day. My liver started to decline fast. I challenge any one who can to make this drug more liver safe! Now that I refuse to take. It is to late for me, my liver is still damaged. Make sure your liver is checked at least every weeks by blood test so this will not happen to you.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/12/2010
Condition: Fungal Infection of Toenails

muscle cramps in calves uncomfortable;slow results to rid infection

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/10/2010
Condition: Fungal Infection of Fingernails - Onychomycosis

Was a godsend for me. I had been plagued with nail fungus for over 15 years. At one point eight fingers were involved and chronically oozing and painful. It cleared it up within two months. I do NOT drink alcohol and you must not while taking the medication. I am immune system compromised so I also get gamma globulin injections on a regular basis. I took the medication for one week then was off the medication for a week and then repeated the dosage. I used the capsules but have read that the oral solution is even more effective.Read More Read Less

kutap | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
6/18/2010

My dermatologist had me on a two month pulse treatment and it worked great. Lasted for only 6 months however and it was back again. Getting the refill was an unbelievable exercise in let's do more doctors office visits for billable hours. My new Dermatologist has now prescribed Diflucan Oral in an effort to clear it up permanently, and I'm very nervous about it after reading the reviews. I'll see . . .

kit10 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
5/10/2010

grannytoone | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/2/2010
Condition: Type of Infection caused by Histoplasmosis Fungus

Still trying to figure out if pill form is sufficeint or if I need to be on liquid instead. Dr.'s said to drink diet coke to help with absorption; so far I have lost 20 + pounds! No hair loss or nausea so that has not been an issue. However, the constant blood draws to check the absorption and the to see if it is causing liver damage is worrisome for me. So far though, my liver is fine. I will be glad when my 6mos-1year dosage period is over.

danspld!aol.com | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
3/8/2010
Condition: Ringworm of the Body

I am a caregiver for a 18 yr. old African American young man. He contracted ringworm from the wrestling mat over a year ago on his scalp. He has been on different meds, is currently on Itraconazole 100mg 2x a day. He takes it in the a.m. before school. It has not helped him at all, he is now showing some bald circles on his head in several places. The itching is terrible. He will lose his insurance under his dad's plan the end of May when he graduates H.S. Please help-time is running out. I took my daughter to our primary care Dr. & she said to tell this young man he should be on Griseofulvin. I would appreciate your advice. There isn't any "mom" in the picture & the dad wants to try an African herbal remedy. Please help-thank you.Read More Read Less

Histo-free | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/15/2009
Condition: Type of Infection caused by Histoplasmosis Fungus

I found it difficult to make sure I didn't take it with dairy,with my Acid reflux meds,etc.I've also noticed my hair has been falling out a lot more than it usually does.It has seemed to get my Histoplasmosis under control,so that is a good thing.